Kimber Talk Forums banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This would never be carried and purely for some fun at the range.

Based on personal experience, what full size 1911 in 9mm would you recommend and why???

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I only have the one Kimber LW, it has been flawless for me. So, I would recommend it. View attachment 128345
Thanks.
When looking on Kimber's web site under 1911 9mm that model is not there.
But if I go under 1911 LW then it does show the caliber.

That was a bit misleading as I expected all 9mm variants to be under the 1911 9mm. I guess I just have to look through each model to see if a 9mm happens to exist.

·
Registered
14,879 Posts
My only full size 9mm 1911 is the recent purchase I made from member @AIRB0RNE6176, a Stainless Raptor. It has not been fired by me cause I took it straight to my Smith' for some alterations. I'm 110% confident it will function perfectly.
ANY of the many various full size 1911 Kimber models in 9mm will make you a fine 9mm range fun gun.
The Kimber website has all the 9mm models available shown in one group topic, makes it easy to find one you like.
Automotive tire Bumper Automotive exterior Hood Bicycle part

·
Registered
3,349 Posts
My only full size 9mm 1911 is the recent purchase I made from member @AIRB0RNE6176, a Stainless Raptor. It has not been fired by me cause I took it straight to my Smith' for some alterations. I'm 110% confident it will function perfectly.
ANY of the many various full size 1911 Kimber models in 9mm will make you a fine 9mm range fun gun.
The Kimber website has all the 9mm models available shown in one group topic, makes it easy to find one you like. View attachment 128350
... "holy Jesus" Arland, now that looks like fun right there 😀

·
Registered
674 Posts
I only have the one Kimber LW, it has been flawless for me. So, I would recommend it. View attachment 128345
Had one in fact I loved it not one issue. Sold it . Only used @ range. Then I wanted something that I can carry so then I went to a pro carry & also bought a ultra which I still own & use them regularly. The LW became a safe queen, was gravitating more to the other pistols. Anyway it’s a great gun ran flawlessly & very accurate. You will not be disappointed. FWIW I paid $699 @ Cabelas last year. I know Kimber had a price increase. So do your due diligence.Just checked Kimber site MSRP $829 looks like about $100 more than last year.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Had one in fact I loved it not one issue. Sold it . Only used @ range. Then I wanted something that I can carry so then I went to a pro carry & also bought a ultra which I still own & use them regularly. The LW became a safe queen, was gravitating more to the other pistols. Anyway it’s a great gun ran flawlessly & very accurate. You will not be disappointed. FWIW I paid $699 @ Cabelas last year. I know Kimber had a price increase. So do your due diligence.Just checked Kimber site MSRP $829 looks like about $100 more than last year.
I got mine for same price at Bass pro. I wanted to carry it, but I fell on ice during storm last year and had to have shoulder surgery. Now I have lost range of motion and the 4 o'clock position is a harder for me now. So I appendix carry my shield. My 1911 sits by me when I am watching TV.

·
Registered
674 Posts
I got mine for same price at Bass pro. I wanted to carry it, but I fell on ice during storm last year and had to have shoulder surgery. Now I have lost range of motion and the 4 o'clock position is a harder for me now. So I appendix carry my shield. My 1911 sits by me when I am watching TV.
At least you are in good company

·
Registered
14,879 Posts

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Haa ! I think you got me beat there Arlan. All I have left is my 9mm Bayou Bengal but with the way LSU has been playin lately, its not gettin the love it once did from me.

·
Registered
3,349 Posts
Haa ! I think you got me beat there Arlan. All I have left is my 9mm Bayou Bengal but with the way LSU has been playin lately, its not gettin the love it once did from me.
Hey, your boy Joey Cool's not doing too bad with "the other" Bengals, "glass half full" right? Game's coming up in a few minutes. I dare to say there's not another 1911 quite like your creation 😁

...speaking of football, how bout my DAWGS!!!

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Hey, your boy Joey Cool's not doing too bad with "the other" Bengals, "glass half full" right? Game's coming up in a few minutes. I dare to say there's not another 1911 quite like your creation 😁

...speaking of football, how bout my DAWGS!!!
Yea, Huh !! Well deserved win. It sure was a good hard fought game.....was so glad to see them kick Alabama's butt !

Reactions: cousinmark
1 - 20 of 45 Posts