Kimber Talk Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife has the khx ultra and it has the laser grip that came with it. I was wonder if anyone knows of a good IWB holster for a right handed appendix carry. I haven't had any luck finding one that will accommodate the laser on the side. Thanks in advance for any advice
Air gun Trigger Finger Gun barrel Machine gun

·
Registered
3,037 Posts
My wife has the khx ultra and it has the laser grip that came with it. I was wonder if anyone knows of a good IWB holster for a right handed appendix carry. I haven't had any luck finding one that will accommodate the laser on the side. Thanks in advance for any advice View attachment 130436
Leather.
Pretty much every leather holster made for that gun will accommodate it. The leather will form fit around it.

Kydex is for polymer framed guns.
Leather for metal framed guns.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I chose Neptune two-layer Kydex for my Micro 380 and Micro 9. I like the thickness of two bonded layers and they do a nice job finishing the edges. Very comfortable and stays put. You can choose from a wide selection of colors for the inside or outside.
Neptune Concealment dual layer holster

For larger or unique pistols that don't have a lot of choices in holsterdom, I have had some success with the 1791 leather model you can mold yourself. You get a kit for warming it up in a pot of boiling water (inside a plastic bag of course) and softening the leather so it adapts to the contours of the pistol. I was skeptical about the first one I tried but it works! They include a tool that helps with the fitting.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I highly recommend Muddy River Tactical. I own 2 of their OWB Kydex holsters (1 for my Micro 9). Excellent quality and service. My Micro 9 doesn't have the grip laser but, as you can see in my pic, the holster will accommodate it. Holster fits snug against my body...my favorite cc combination.
Brown Sleeve Gesture Hunting knife Webbing

·
Registered
111 Posts
If I had a horse, it would have a kydex saddle.

Leather looks good and it pairs well with a larger, all-metal gun but in no way it does it work as well as a good Kydex holster. The purpose of a holster is retention. Kydex and its counterparts have it all over leather in that category.

Leather lovers may begin howling now. :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts