Kimber Talk Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
grumpy,I second that motion. Have the kits in both my Micro9's with some trigger polishing work also. The pistols now have a great trigger. One has a 3.74 lb. and the other has a 4.38 lb. trigger pull. Also running Galloway slide springs. IMO this is the feel they should have came from the factory.

·
Registered
48 Posts
grumpy,I second that motion. Have the kits in both my Micro9's with some trigger polishing work also. The pistols now have a great trigger. One has a 3.74 lb. and the other has a 4.38 lb. trigger pull. Also running Galloway slide springs. IMO this is the feel they should have came from the factory.
Have the same parts including 22lb recoil spr,im still at 6-7lbs,talked with Mcarbo,enclosed there reply,has anyone else had to this,my round count as of yesterday was 300,only 2 fte,and both were steel cased with dirty weapon,so very reliable,just nowhere near 4lb pull

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
105 Posts
Steven, I worked on my guns for a week at a time polishing every part that came in contact with one another. That and the springs made all the difference.

Reactions: stevenstark711

·
Registered
48 Posts
Steven, I worked on my guns for a week at a time polishing every part that came in contact with one another. That and the springs made all the difference.
Thx Kinsey,might have to get back inside her,besides trigger bar,what parts do you polish

·
Registered
61 Posts
I've looked at doing this modification on my Micro 9, but am concerned about modifications like this to a carry gun.

As a conceal carry license holder, I read as much as I can regarding the law and conceal carry and things that can get you in trouble. I'm not trying to be "downer" here but in general I have always been told you never want to modify a carry gun from stock.

What kind of gun modification might be used in court against you? Primarily these fall into two buckets:

1-Lightening a trigger to reduce trigger pull greatly.

2-Disengaging safety mechanisms

Other things to avoid are the popular "Spartan" insignias and any quotes or sayings or engravings like "kill them all".

I have Grayguns triggers on some of my target pistols. I'm thinking about sometimes carrying my Sig Legion with a Grayguns trigger from the factory but even then I'd have to think about it.

Again, not trying to tell anyone what they should do with their own gun...just sharing information.

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
What kind of gun modification might be used in court against you?
Agree completely.

One aspect not covered is one that I've seen in court in my LE days....carrying handloads for CC is a very bad idea. Best to carry the load as close to, or the same as what your local cops carry for duty.

An enthusiastic, firearms ignorant prosecutor will use your use of handloads to illustrate to the jury just how you wanted to make your carry loads "more lethal" than what's available over the counter. Seen it myself, believe it, it's not pretty. :cool:

The precise reason I carry either Gold Dots or CD factory loads for carry. The aftermath of a righteous shooting is bad enough without adding this to the terrible mix that awaits the shooter. Ever hear of civil suits from the perps family after being cleared of criminal charges? More bad news. Carry factory loads and be that much 'safer'.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
I've looked at doing this modification on my Micro 9, but am concerned about modifications like this to a carry gun.

As a conceal carry license holder, I read as much as I can regarding the law and conceal carry and things that can get you in trouble. I'm not trying to be "downer" here but in general I have always been told you never want to modify a carry gun from stock.

What kind of gun modification might be used in court against you? Primarily these fall into two buckets:

1-Lightening a trigger to reduce trigger pull greatly.

2-Disengaging safety mechanisms

Other things to avoid are the popular "Spartan" insignias and any quotes or sayings or engravings like "kill them all".

I have Grayguns triggers on some of my target pistols. I'm thinking about sometimes carrying my Sig Legion with a Grayguns trigger from the factory but even then I'd have to think about it.

Again, not trying to tell anyone what they should do with their own gun...just sharing information.
I agree with the insignias/quotes/sayings that are questionable at best, but anyone can make anything scary and bad these days.

The notion that "reasonable" modifications are taboo are ill-place at best. Carrying defensive loads, changing sights, adding a red-dot, lightening the trigger, or carrying a larger mag are common place and DO NOT change your reason for why you carry a gun: to defend innocent lives.

Carrying a Micro 9 with a light trigger and having to fire 5 rounds as opposed to carrying a Glock 21 .45 and firing 3 doesn't make a difference; it is ALWAYS about stopping a threat as quickly as possible using the least amount of force possible. Thus, if a modification to your weapon makes you more effective/accurate then you are (hypothetically) putting fewer rounds down range to stop said threat, thereby ending a situation quicker and eliminating potential risk or harm to others.

That said, everyone is entitled to their own perspective on this matter, but after 12 years as military Law Enforcement, Combat Arms, Special Weapons and Training as well as having a mother, father, 2 sisters, and a brother in civilian LE, we all agree: carry what make you the best and most accurate as possible.

Regardless of what you do (or don't do) to your weapon, in any court, in any state, when involved in a defensive shooting situation you WILL be vilified and prosecuted to the fullest extent possible simply because you were carrying a gun, willing to defend lives and give your own.

Semper Fidelis, E-5
USMC & USAF - 85 to 97
NRA Life Member

·
Registered
48 Posts
Rd count at 400 now thru Kimber micro9,still only 2 fte with steel cased winchester ammo and dirty pistol,kudos to MCARBO springs and Galloway Precision recoil spr

·
Registered
10 Posts
Just a side note, I just sent a Micro 9 back for feeding and eject failure. when I told kimber that I installed night sights and trigger kit they refused to even look at failure issues. Unless I paid then 165.00 to install factory trigger springs. in short, you void any warranty if you "upgrade". Even though those changes had NOTHING to do with feed or ejection. NICE

·
Registered
13,772 Posts
Just a side note, I just sent a Micro 9 back for feeding and eject failure. when I told kimber that I installed night sights and trigger kit they refused to even look at failure issues. Unless I paid then 165.00 to install factory trigger springs. in short, you void any warranty if you "upgrade". Even though those changes had NOTHING to do with feed or ejection. NICE
Yeah, that's all on you, clearly stated in Kimber manual. It's all about preventing lawsuits and crap. For the record I don't think changing the sights was a problem.

·
Registered
41 Posts
When I sent my M9 in, the Kimber rep made their policy clear on the phone. Then, when I got the RMA, the instruction sheet also clearly said, hightlighted in green, that the pistol would be returned to original condition at my expense if there were any "aftermarket parts or modifications."

·
Registered
3 Posts
Just threw ne of their kits in mine, early last week, and the thing is like butter. Haven't tried my Lyman's trigger pull gauge on it yet, but it passes the sniff (or at least feel) test.

·
Registered
7 Posts
For those interested, the M*Carbo Micro 9 Trigger Spring Kit is well worth the $25. It literally cuts the trigger pull in 1/2 and makes it a much smooth break/reset. Yes, it's a challenge to install, but the video was pretty easy to follow. :)
All true. I added one to my wife's Micro9 and it cut the weight by at least half. No issues to report. She now loves to shoot the pistol and is actually shooting very well.

·
Registered
158 Posts
FWIW, put the McCarbo spring kit in mine. Love it Had not heard of the Galloway slide springs. Will have to look into it.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts