Kimber Talk Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, I’m new to the forum, I’ve heard that I need to buy some different mags for my Aegis Elite Pro 9mm. Is Wilson Combat the way to go for my Kimber. They have the 500-9A or 500-9B but they’re 10 rounds so they’ll stick out am I right. I’m looking for a good flush mount 9 round 9mm mag. Any help would be appreciated, thank you

·
Registered
2,087 Posts
Wilson (and others) makes 9mm 9-shot mags that sit flush with the base of the pistol without any 'hang-out'. Go on their site, or Midway and check them out. Only the ten rounders (or more) extend out from the base of the grip.

My Aegis Elite Custom (top) 5" is a 9mm with one of those mags installed:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks

Thanks Rick, I must of messed them. Are the stock Kimber mags that bad, I was wondering if the Kim-Pro mags were ok or not

·
Super Moderator
38,415 Posts
Thanks Rick, I must of messed them. Are the stock Kimber mags that bad, I was wondering if the Kim-Pro mags were ok or not
There's nothing wrong with Kimbers KimPro Tac-Mags I have about 25 of them and never had an issue with one.

·
Registered
14,039 Posts
Don't believe everything on the internet. Who told you Kimber mags are bad?

I have never had any problem with factory Kimber or KimPro mags.

Good range magazines can be had by joes1911magmania.

Your Pro model Aegis uses "Full Size" magazines.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I have used Kimber’s 9 round 9mm mag’s in my Pro Carry II. They work fine, but I’ve had an issue with at first; when you rack a full mag and chamber the first round and then eject the mag. The next round in the mag falls out through the mad well. I’ve use Wilson 10 round and they are ok, it’s just that you can’t strip about the first 4 or 5 rounds by hand, advice from others on another form suggested leaving them fully loaded for a month or two to “break in the spring”, didn’t work! I have also used Remington’s 9 round and they work great. But I’ve heard that Remington has filed chapter bankruptcy and is for sale, so who knows
how long you will be able to get them there. It seems that all 9mm mag’s are finicky. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
3,439 Posts
I've got 20+ Kim-Pro Tac mags and have never experienced a problem with any of them. Good luck with what ever you decide.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello Gang,

Just purchased 2 Ed Brown 9mm Mags for my Kimber Aegis Elite Pro 9mm, and they are exactly the same mags as the Kimber mag that shipped with my pistol.
So...Kimber Mags work great!

·
Super Moderator
38,415 Posts
Welcome to the forum Scottg524, how about stopping by our "New Member Introduction" sub forum and introducing yourself to the membership. Tell us something about yourself, your interests, hobbies and where you're located.

Reactions: bad ninja

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
I have used Kimber’s 9 round 9mm mag’s in my Pro Carry II. They work fine, but I’ve had an issue with at first; when you rack a full mag and chamber the first round and then eject the mag. The next round in the mag falls out through the mad well. I’ve use Wilson 10 round and they are ok, it’s just that you can’t strip about the first 4 or 5 rounds by hand, advice from others on another form suggested leaving them fully loaded for a month or two to “break in the spring”, didn’t work! I have also used Remington’s 9 round and they work great. But I’ve heard that Remington has filed chapter bankruptcy and is for sale, so who knows
how long you will be able to get them there. It seems that all 9mm mag’s are finicky. Hope this helps.
Leaving a spring compressed doesn't affect it.
That's another myth that gets floated around gun forums regarding mags.

Reactions: Chuck43

·
Super Moderator
38,415 Posts
bad ninja, is correct on the spring, actually working them is the only way for them to loosen up.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts