Kimber Talk Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
15,470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a FYI. I liked the Daniel Defense branded 32 round magazine that came with the new DD4 pistol and decided it might be a good idea to buy a couple more. Went to the DD website expecting to find the magazines to be higher than the standard MagPul. To my surprise I found a 12 pack bundle of the 32 rounders for $236.00. That’s 19 bucks each.
Here is the amazing part shipping was Free, I did have to pay Tennessee sales tax. I ordered them just after midnight (12:30am) on Wed. The 22nd well they was on the porch at 1pm today. That’s 1day delivery.
Full disclosure I haven’t used them yet but they appear to be just as well made as MagPul. The claim is they are the same size as the MagPul mags but hold 2 more rounds. .
Shipping box Font Material property Rectangle Package delivery

·
Premium Member
421 Posts
I am a Magpul fan but I also like to spread the lard among all my preferred vendors. DD does make a high-quality product that they sell for a premium - so I'm sure they don't cut corners on their mags. That was a good find and a very good price!

·
Banned
3,384 Posts
Pro tip:
Download your polymer AR mags a couple rounds for storage.
Storing them full can cause the feed lips to deform causing feeding issues.
Magpul mags are notorious for this problem.

·
Registered
15,470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Pro tip:
Not heard about this issue before. Is it still a problem even with Gen3 mags or whatever the latest generation is...
I have some metal Bushmaster mags and until now all other mags I have are Magpul.

Ninja you are just a bundle of information...see what I did there.

·
Premium Member
421 Posts
Pro tip:
I read that somewhere also. Springs don't go bad being compressed, but plastic can fatigue. I always -2 rounds. Most of my AR mags are Magpul. Never heard this being an issue with mil spec metal mags but there's no downside to leaving a round or two out.

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
I can confirm this bundle of magazines last forever compressed between the mattress and box spring.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Banned
3,384 Posts
Not heard about this issue before. Is it still a problem even with Gen3 mags or whatever the latest generation is...
I have some metal Bushmaster mags and until now all other mags I have are Magpul.

Ninja you are just a bundle of information...see what I did there.

All poly mags have this issue.
I just load mine 2 rounds shy of full when storing them and don't have any problems.
I have probably 50 Magpul and Lancer mags.
Every mag I own is stored loaded.
I load them full when I'm shooting, just pop two out when storing them loaded.
Metal mags are good to go. This is only an issue with polymer mags.

I read that somewhere also. Springs don't go bad being compressed, but plastic can fatigue. I always -2 rounds. Most of my AR mags are Magpul. Never heard this being an issue with mil spec metal mags but there's no downside to leaving a round or two out.
Springs don't degrade when compressed.
The eventually will degrade when used alot, but keeping them compressed doesn't affect them at all.
No issues with metal mags.

Reactions: 2sharp2

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
All poly mags have this issue.
I just load mine 2 rounds shy of full when storing them and don't have any problems.
I have probably 50 Magpul and Lancer mags.
Every mag I own is stored loaded.
I load them full when I'm shooting, just pop two out when storing them loaded.
Metal mags are good to go. This is only an issue with polymer mags.

Springs don't degrade when compressed.
The eventually will degrade when used alot, but keeping them compressed doesn't affect them at all.
No issues with metal mags.
Then they Turtle, right?

Reactions: bad ninja

·
Registered
15,470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Good video Phil. Not tried them yet but I think they will function just fine...
I did learn how to disassemble for cleaning from the video, very helpful.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts