Kimber Talk Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought the new micro 9 with built in lazer grip, I cleaned the gun and took it to my range. I used first the extended mag that came with the gun. Loaded 7 rounds of magtech 115 grain and to my disappointment the magazine was released slightly after the first round fired which jammed the next round in the chamber. I thought I must have somehow pressed the release mag button while gripping the gun. I tried it again after clearing the jammed round and it happened again. I pulled out that mag and decided to use the flushed mag that also came with the gun, 6 rounds in that mag I shot the first round and it happened again.. I am a right handed shooter as well as left handed. Don't know what is going on, I am concerned because I cannot depend on carrying this gun until I find a solution this mishap. This has never happen with any other gun that I own. I have not tried firing it with my left hand because I was totally distraught about what had just happened. Has anyone had this issue with there micro 9 with lazer grip?

·
Registered
13,772 Posts
Welcome to the site from Tennessee.

Attachments

·
Registered
7,896 Posts
My brother recently purchased a Raptor Pro 9mm and the same thing was happening to him. He sent it back to Kimber and they took care of it. It wasn’t the magazine, sorry I don’t remember exactly what the problem was but they will fix it for free.

·
Super Moderator
37,744 Posts
Welcome to the forum from northern Illinois ExDRLSGT, as JC45 has already suggested give Kimber's customer service a call.

Customer Service
Toll-Free: (888) 243-4522
Hours: M–F, 9:30 a.m.–7 p.m. Eastern

How about stopping by our "New Member Introduction" sub forum and introducing yourself to the membership?

·
Registered
631 Posts
Just bought the new micro 9 with built in lazer grip, I cleaned the gun and took it to my range. I used first the extended mag that came with the gun. Loaded 7 rounds of magtech 115 grain and to my disappointment the magazine was released slightly after the first round fired which jammed the next round in the chamber. I thought I must have somehow pressed the release mag button while gripping the gun. I tried it again after clearing the jammed round and it happened again. I pulled out that mag and decided to use the flushed mag that also came with the gun, 6 rounds in that mag I shot the first round and it happened again.. I am a right handed shooter as well as left handed. Don't know what is going on, I am concerned because I cannot depend on carrying this gun until I find a solution this mishap. This has never happen with any other gun that I own. I have not tried firing it with my left hand because I was totally distraught about what had just happened. Has anyone had this issue with there micro 9 with lazer grip?
Chuck - this is exactly why I use other magazines than the Kimber magazines.

·
Registered
799 Posts
My Sig P938 had the same problem with Sig magazines. It's a known issue with the P938 but I have never heard of it with the M9, however the two guns are quite similar (and will even take each others mags).

A trip to Sig and they replaced the catch spring in the gun I forget the technical name now, but it's not the mags it's a spring that causes the mag to snap in that is in the gun itself. Easy fix for them, pure warranty for you other than the hassle.

If that were the only problem I had with that Sig I would still have it, unfortunately not even close.

Welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
631 Posts
Come on OT57....You can't keep blaming most of the Micro 9 and other models issues on the mags. I have 10 that function great for my M9 and another 20 or more for my other shooters that have never had "ONE" issue....
Sure I can! That may not be the issue, but I can still blame Kimber magazines. Since I got rid of them, no issues. But I will stop whining like a little girl now!

·
Registered
7,896 Posts
Come on OT57....You can't keep blaming most of the Micro 9 and other models issues on the mags. I have 10 that function great for my M9 and another 20 or more for my other shooters that have never had "ONE" issue....
I have several of those black 8 round 45 mags that Kimber used to give you with a new gun. I have had them since 2004-05, never taken them apart or cleaned them and they still function flawlessly.

·
Registered
631 Posts
I have several of those black 8 round 45 mags that Kimber used to give you with a new gun. I have had them since 2004-05, never taken them apart or cleaned them and they still function flawlessly.
Okay I give up! It's not the magazines. I still won't ever use a Kimber magazine, but they work great! How's that for a patronizing answer?

·
Registered
3,430 Posts
Guess I'm just lucky, but all of my Kimber mags in 3 different calibers have been flawless, but I did have an issue with a Chip McCormick.

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
I had the same issue with my new Micro Raptor 380. Put the spring from my Micro Stainless 380 and problem went away. Friend had a Sig Mag Release Spring that he gave to me and it works fine with it. May be able to call Kimber and get them to send you a stronger spring or just order a P938 spring from Brownells or other supplier.

·
Registered
721 Posts
I have owned many Kimber's, nearly every model and NEVER had an issue with a Kimber magazine, EVER.

Reactions: Tejun

·
Registered
558 Posts
Can't really say i've a Kimber mag, I just prefer Sig mags in my Micro 9

·
Registered
631 Posts
Like Paul Harvey said "And that's the rest of the story!"

·
Registered
3,757 Posts
# Me Too!

Guess I'm just lucky, but all of my Kimber mags in 3 different calibers have been flawless, but I did have an issue with a Chip McCormick.
Dave, I had a problem with a Chip McCormick mag, too! It would mis-feed the second round in the mag every time. Not liking this malfunction, I "fixed" it. See attached photo for the cure!! That mag has never failed in my pistols again!!

DeadCMCMagazine(1).jpg TROPHYCMCMAG.jpg

BTW, CMC sent me two mags to replace the defective one. So I really ain't complaining. Those work!!

·
Registered
631 Posts
Dave, I had a problem with a Chip McCormick mag, too! It would mis-feed the second round in the mag every time. Not liking this malfunction, I "fixed" it. See attached photo for the cure!! That mag has never failed in my pistols again!!

View attachment 89426 View attachment 89434

BTW, CMC sent me two mags to replace the defective one. So I really ain't complaining. Those work!!
That's how I fix Kimber magazines! Works every time!

·
Registered
3,757 Posts
My 2¢ Worth!!

That's how I fix Kimber magazines! Works every time!
To each their own, John!! Kimber mags have been good to me. I have a bunch of them! Only that one Chip McCormick mag has given me any grief. As you saw, I "adjusted" it. The two new mags that CMC sent me have worked fine. It was just a one shot (pun intended!) deal!! :D:D

Just remember: If everybody liked the same stuff; everyone would have good taste, LIKE ME!!!!

Semper Fi, buddy!!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts