Kimber Talk Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've owned the Mako for about 5 months now, I've cycled about 1000 rounds through it on the range without any failures or hick-ups. I'm very happy with the pistol. Does anybody know where I can find definitive instructions on dismantling the piston, in particular the trigger assembly? Removing the slide is a no-brainer. I searched but I couldn't even find a YouTube video! Or is in maintenance free? :):unsure:

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
I saw that video, but it just shows the slide removal. Hoping for a more detailed and deeper instructional on the trigger assembly
I saw that after I posted it. I just did an extensive search on the internet and have come up empty...sorry. Maybe the guys on here that own have taken theirs apart extensively.

Welcome..by the way. Looking forward to hearing your take an the Mako.

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
Pretty much maintenance free, like my Glock and Hellcat an air compressor or caned air will pretty much clean out the chassis. A drop of oil on moving parts won’t hurt but use sparingly. (Like every 1000 rounds). I can’t see too many people changing anything on the internals. It’s already got the flat trigger and the best trigger pull on a striker right out of the box. If anything can be said I think Kimber has made the perfect high capacity carry gun. Mine has been flawless too and I’m very impressed with the whole package. It’s on my side as I type this in a Crossbreed Dropslide OWB and a Versacarry Dual Mag Pouch with two 13 round mags. It has replaced my G26 for EDC (Still carry the Ultras too) but it’s now my go to carry gun.
It’s just too good to ignore, Trigger, accuracy, grip texture, controls. They definitely got it right.

Have you ran any hollow points through yours? I’ve ran HST, Speer Gold Dot and XTP’s and all have ran fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hello Albert
Who knew the Mako would be so maintenance free, it goes against my nature to just clean a gun with compressed air- I guess I'll have to adapt- LOL. I'm waiting for a 1791 custom leather OWB, I have a similar holster for a P320 and really like it. I have not shot hollow points yet, just fmj's. I like the Mako it shoots well and fits my hand even with the smaller magazine. I'm looking forward to many years of shooting the Mako.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I just took delivery of the newest addition to my Kimber collection… The MAKO. All I can say is wow, so far it lives up to everything I’ve read and seen about it. I can’t wait to shoot set some time aside to put some rounds through it!!

·
Registered
11 Posts
I just picked up my Mako ( without the optic ) late yesterday and only had time to put 4 mags through it. Without doing anything to it, just popped it out of the case and bang. The Mako is everything I was hoping for, it fit my hand much better than my Sig P365 ( I have nothing bad to say about the Sig, it's a great gun) but the grip is just too little in my hand but to be honest the Sig is just a little bit easier to cc.
The Mako shot very good, a little less recoil than the P365 probably because I control the Mako in my hand better and it's a little more accurate, not massively but I feel it's better. Makos trigger is very good and better than Sig. The finish on the Mako is also better than the Sig, Kimber is late to the game with the Mako but they did their homework, the Mako fixes some of the almosts out their today. I use the Sig to compare to the Mako because it's THE gun to compare to. From its short beginnings I'll let loose of the Sig because I have a good friend that I promised it to, if the Mako worked out and the Mako has presented itself very well. I got a decent price on the Mako ( $505 ) which made it easier to make the move right away, instead of waiting for a better price. While at the dealer I saw the Kimber micro9 Rapide Black Ice, I handled it and I like it, so now to do some research on it and find one that's at a decent price. JC

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
Looks kinda like a Shield got raped by a Glock.
More like a 1911 and a Hellcat. Same kinda lines as the Hellcat but the trigger and shooting character of the 1911. It’s a rare breed, mines been flawless now with 500 rounds of handloads and 50 rounds of Defence ammo. You’ll have to rent one at the range and see what a gem this really is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
14,879 Posts
@jimjc welcome to the site from Tennessee.

Reactions: stockmaker

·
Registered
11 Posts
Thanks, 2sharp2.. Hope the picture in your listing is your car? Guns aside, Cars have always been my biggest vice above all. I've had lots and lots of them for a very long time. Watching Mecum auctions makes me ill, if only I had kept many of them I'd own the bank now.
Actually guns are first now since cars have been relegated to history but it was a good ride while it lasted.

·
Registered
14,879 Posts
jimjc sadly no that's not my Viper but I've always wanted one, I do have a 70 Cuda' will that work?

Reactions: Oklahomabound

·
Registered
11 Posts
70 Cuda ya that'll work! 5 years ago I sold my 70 Black Chevelle 454 LS6 450 hp. 4 Spd. 2 years before that I sold my 68 black Corvette convertible 427 425hp 4 speed. 70/71 was just about the end of the muscle cars that everyone is going nuts for now. Everyone used to come over to my garage to see those 2 cars sitting together, it was a sight to see, I miss them.
If things keep going as they've been with muscle car prices you'll need to find a "Safety Box" big enough to put that Cuda of yours in, especially if it's a Hemi, of coarse Mopars are getting big bucks for just about anything you have. My collections have diminished and now it's just guns/watches but that isn't so bad, I have a few to keep me happy, not car happy but happy😃

1 - 16 of 16 Posts