Kimber Talk Forums banner

Master Carry Pro

14K views 39 replies 17 participants last post by  2sharp2 
I got back my Master Carry Pro from the Kimber repair shop in January. I just got back from the range and am happy to report flawless action. I used factory and reloaded ammo. Rapid fire as fast as I could squeeze.

Kimber work preformed

1) Adjusted the extractor
2) Modified the ejection port

I now feel comfortable to carry this as a primary self defense firearm.

thanks for following.
I'm just curious do you know how they modified the ejection port?

This my have been discussed before but being new to Kimbers I have been wondering if there is any documented number of rounds fired before the aluminum feed ramp wears to the point of causing feeding problem's.
I can't point you to any specific documentation but I've read numerous times that an aluminum frame has a service life of approximately 50,000 rounds. I have one gun with just over 16,000 rounds through it and it still functions like a new gun.

Reactions: Sketter
I bought a Master Carry Pro this past weekend. Mine fails to properly feed rounds into the chamber. About every other round does this... I understand "break-in" periods, but you've GOT to be kidding me... This is NOT what I expect after spending a small fortune on a gun... I've got 250 rounds through it, and it has not gotten any better. I guess my next step is to contact Kimber... GREAT!!!

Welcome to the forum from northern Illinois Hendog. This is what I always ask when someone is having a problem with a new Kimber. First, did you clean and lube the gun before taking it to the range, are you using 230gr. ball ammo to break it in and have you broken down and cleaned the magazine? Did you know a new magazine spring should also be broken in, simply load the magazine and let it sit for about a week.

Reactions: Chuck66
I'd suggest trying a little more oil on the rails or some grease. I use Brian Enos Slide Glide on the rails of all my guns. I'd also suggest you continue to slingshot the gun instead of using the slide stop to release the slide. I suspect with everything being tight on the new gun the extra pressure on the recoil spring from slingshoting it is helping the slide close. After a couple of hundred rounds everything should start to wear in and you should be good to go.

Welcome to the forum from northern Illinois NDKimber, I think the Master Carry Pro will make an excellent carry gun. I carry a Super Carry Pro, (same gun without the laser) and love it.

After the first 800 round though it I replaced the recoil spring with a "Wilson Flat Wire Spring Kit" and never looked back, the gun just continues to get smoother and slicker then s**it. I'm over 2000 rounds through it and wouldn't think about leaving home without it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.