Kimber Talk Forums banner

Master Carry Pro

14K views 39 replies 17 participants last post by  2sharp2 
#1 ·
I have a new Master Carry Pro that fails on going into battery, stove piping and ejecting cases into my eyes. At 300 rds now, includes Corbon ammo. I just think this is a paper weight now!! I would never use this as a carry weapon.

My older Kimber Classic Custom works flawlessly. I think that Kimber changed quality control a while back. I am a QC aerospace tech and have seen these type of problems come from management changes. I have worked at G.E. Aircraft Engines so you know I'm not a trouble maker.

I will send this arm back to Kimber for repair/retire. I do not like how one has to put a special tool into the spring mechanism to break it down.

trailboss

Discussion starter · #6 · (Edited)
Returned to Kimber

As an Update, I just shipped the pistol off to Kimber for repair. I will let you know the outcome, due in February. I hope they fix it because my full size is to heavy for all day carry for me in my CrossBreed belt holster with extra mag. I could use my Galco spider rig, but only in winter because I don't wear sport coats in Texas summers.

Discussion starter · #8 ·
Kimber Factory Repaired

I got back my Master Carry Pro from the Kimber repair shop in January. I just got back from the range and am happy to report flawless action. I used factory and reloaded ammo. Rapid fire as fast as I could squeeze.

Kimber work preformed

1) Adjusted the extractor
2) Modified the ejection port

I now feel comfortable to carry this as a primary self defense firearm.

thanks for following.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.