Kimber Talk Forums banner

Master Carry Pro

14K views 39 replies 17 participants last post by  2sharp2 
I got back my Master Carry Pro from the Kimber repair shop in January. I just got back from the range and am happy to report flawless action. I used factory and reloaded ammo. Rapid fire as fast as I could squeeze.

Kimber work preformed

1) Adjusted the extractor
2) Modified the ejection port

I now feel comfortable to carry this as a primary self defense firearm.

thanks for following.
I love happy endings!

Hmmm. The military makes Humvees out of aluminum because they needed a vehicle they could drop from an airplane. Firemen use ladders made of aluminum because pound for pound it is much more rigid and stronger than steel. College baseball bats are made of aluminum. Engine blocks are made with aluminum.

Lighter does not equal weaker where metal is concerned.

(Hoping to get my check from the Aluminum Association soon.)
Good points all!!

I've known five troublemakers in my life. Oddly enough, they all worked at G.E. Aircraft Engines. Just sayin....

Actually, I have a brand new Pro model. 1100 rounds so far. Shoots flawlessly. I'd contact Kimber.
Take down tool? Hear that. Check out threads here on the Wilson Combat guide rod and flat-wire recoil spring kit. (# 651 on their web site as I recall) It eliminates the need for the L tool or "paper clip" tool as some call it. I swapped mine out yesterday. The flat spring lasts 10x longer.

Welcome from Ky.:cool:
If you read his post from today, he sent it to Kimber and just got it back repaired and functioning fine!

Alcan used to be a client. So did E-One Fire Trucks...."The Heart of a Firefighter in an Aluminum Body"....

Aluminum, because of ultra thin, ultra light aluminum cans, got a reputation as "flimsy" which is not at all true for the metal. Cans are only flimsy because they are made to be crushable.

Don't get me started. Oops. Too late!
I appreciate your knowledge!

I bought a Master Carry Pro this past weekend. Mine fails to properly feed rounds into the chamber. About every other round does this... I understand "break-in" periods, but you've GOT to be kidding me... This is NOT what I expect after spending a small fortune on a gun... I've got 250 rounds through it, and it has not gotten any better. I guess my next step is to contact Kimber... GREAT!!!
First welcome to the forum. Does your problem occur with more then one magazine? What kind of ammo are you using?

Thanks for the welcoming party! I broke the gun down and cleaned it before taking it to the range. I tried several different manufacturers magazines. Kimber, Colt, Springfield, Chip Mccormick and Wilson Combat. I was shooting 230 grain Winchester ball ammo. I even brie it down again, re-cleaned it and went back again, with the same result. Perhaps my ejector spring is too tight? Thanks for the concern guys. I can tell this is going to be a great place to learn from.
With everything you've done, I'd call Kimber.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.