Kimber Talk Forums banner

Master Carry Pro

14K views 39 replies 17 participants last post by  2sharp2 
This my have been discussed before but being new to Kimbers I have been wondering if there is any documented number of rounds fired before the aluminum feed ramp wears to the point of causing feeding problem's.
Hmmm. The military makes Humvees out of aluminum because they needed a vehicle they could drop from an airplane. Firemen use ladders made of aluminum because pound for pound it is much more rigid and stronger than steel. College baseball bats are made of aluminum. Engine blocks are made with aluminum.

Lighter does not equal weaker where metal is concerned.

(Hoping to get my check from the Aluminum Association soon.)

I have a new Master Carry Pro that fails on going into battery, stove piping and ejecting cases into my eyes. At 300 rds now, includes Corbon ammo. I just think this is a paper weight now!! I would never use this as a carry weapon.

My older Kimber Classic Custom works flawlessly. I think that Kimber changed quality control a while back. I am a QC aerospace tech and have seen these type of problems come from management changes. I have worked at G.E. Aircraft Engines so you know I'm not a trouble maker.

I will send this arm back to Kimber for repair/retire. I do not like how one has to put a special tool into the spring mechanism to break it down.

trailboss
I've known five troublemakers in my life. Oddly enough, they all worked at G.E. Aircraft Engines. Just sayin....

Actually, I have a brand new Pro model. 1100 rounds so far. Shoots flawlessly. I'd contact Kimber.
Take down tool? Hear that. Check out threads here on the Wilson Combat guide rod and flat-wire recoil spring kit. (# 651 on their web site as I recall) It eliminates the need for the L tool or "paper clip" tool as some call it. I swapped mine out yesterday. The flat spring lasts 10x longer.

Welcome from Ky.:cool:

Attachments

Good points all!!
Alcan used to be a client. So did E-One Fire Trucks...."The Heart of a Firefighter in an Aluminum Body"....

Aluminum, because of ultra thin, ultra light aluminum cans, got a reputation as "flimsy" which is not at all true for the metal. Cans are only flimsy because they are made to be crushable.

Don't get me started. Oops. Too late!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.