Kimber Talk Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am considering legally carrying on a college campus. It is important that my carry method print as little as possible. In your experience, which is the better way to carry-pocket or holster shirt? IWB/OWB is out of the question, as well as ankle carry; too easy to print or accidentally expose.

·
Registered
843 Posts
I carry my Ultra Carry II (.45) in a belly/chest holster. A shirt with a pattern makes it almost impossible to see. Even with a solid color shirt you have to know what you are looking for to catch it. Not the easiest to access, but I can still get to it when I need to.

·
Registered
16 Posts
carry a multi-tool/knife in holster adjacent to it. Haven't been without a multitool since mid-high school and it'll pass even hardened far left family and inlaws.

You'd be amazed what people can overlook through ignorance or willful denial.

Dress for concealment. Sometimes you DO have to change your wardrobe to carry.

·
Registered
582 Posts
Sorry-a pocket-size gun, like the Micro 380/9, Sig P238/239, Glock 42/43.
drawing attention.
These are good choices but for my pocket carry I still don't like their weight. I carry a Ruger lcp in a pocket holster and at just over 9 ounces I don't notice it and no printing, it's been a small and reliable .380 when I need it. Good luck with your choice.

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
Depends on your body too. Are you a skinny bag of bones or carry a spare tire for your motorcycle. I find the easiest way to carry my p938 is my Desantis pocket holster. Just looks like a wallet or phone in my pocket.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
571 Posts
I carry an S&W Model 60 in a pocket holster on occasion with very little printing. What about carrying off body in a backpack or similar? I think the law only calls for concealed, not necessarily "on body".

·
Registered
38 Posts
J frame in a Mika

Here is my EDC regardless of other guns that may be carried.

S&W 340PD loaded with 357. (Lightest .357 I am aware of)

There is no doubt it is brutal to shoot but it shoots well and I shoot a lot.

It caries well in Duluth Trading co. fire flex pants or their USA made ballroom jeans. (nice roomy pockets)

·
Registered
4,059 Posts
I find the easiest way to carry my p938 is my Desantis pocket holster. Just looks like a wallet or phone in my pocket.
Interesting, B.

At this moment, I'm sitting at my desk playing with a DeSantis Nemesis and a couple different guns. When I got the holster a few years back, I didn't like it with the P938 and my style of clothes. Recently I got a Kahr P380, which is a bit smaller, and it seems to be ok in the Nemesis. With the mud flap, no amount of imagination would make anyone think it's a gun. But it's bulkier and harder to draw from. Without the mud flap, if I'm standing just right, and the light is good, and you're staring at my groin area, someone with imagination could think it's a gun. I think it will be ok, though, and will try it out over the next couple days.

Ninjamin is a college student, and they dress all kinds of ways. If you're into those skinny jeans, carrying might be a problem. If you prefer your ghetto baggies, you can pretty much carry anything up to a Desert Eagle.

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
Interesting, B.

At this moment, I'm sitting at my desk playing with a DeSantis Nemesis and a couple different guns. When I got the holster a few years back, I didn't like it with the P938 and my style of clothes. Recently I got a Kahr P380, which is a bit smaller, and it seems to be ok in the Nemesis. With the mud flap, no amount of imagination would make anyone think it's a gun. But it's bulkier and harder to draw from. Without the mud flap, if I'm standing just right, and the light is good, and you're staring at my groin area, someone with imagination could think it's a gun. I think it will be ok, though, and will try it out over the next couple days.

Ninjamin is a college student, and they dress all kinds of ways. If you're into those skinny jeans, carrying might be a problem. If you prefer your ghetto baggies, you can pretty much carry anything up to a Desert Eagle.
Whats nice about the Super Fly is you can wear it with or without the cover. And grips your pocket both ways for easy draw.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Just my opinion, and since I am a woman and have never pocket carried, it seems to me that pocket carrying all day on campus and sitting in a classroom with it would not be very comfortable. Plus, once you are sitting, isn't it more obvious that you have a rocket in your pocket? And what about drawing from a pocket in a sitting position, is it even possible? Hopefully you will never have to find out, but you should try out some different options and scenarios at home before you make a decision. I wanted my daughter to campus carry too, but she feels very safe on her campus and she is usually never alone while there. Good luck, let us know what you come up with!

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
I carry a M & P Bodyguard 380 in a IWB holster....no one knows I have one on me. Sometimes I have to feel to see if it is still there......

Reactions: starnovi
1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.