Kimber Talk Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I recently noticed a grip screw and bushing missing from my micro 380. I can't find them anywhere, including kimber. Everywhere I look it's all the same screws and bushings that are on the kimber website, none of which are for a micro. I called kimber cs and they sent me full size 1911 grip screws and bushings. Can anyone tell me where to buy stainless steel grip screws and bushings for a kimber micro 380? Doesn't seem like this should be so difficult but I'm really struggling here

Attachments

·
Registered
617 Posts
Maybe some others will check in but Im pretty sure they are just screwed to the frame. No bushings just threaded like the solo was, but I could be mistaken.

·
Registered
14,005 Posts
Hmmm, I don't own a Micro but a lot of people here do, so they will be along to help. I can't remember anyone needing a bushing for a Micro before?

·
Registered
617 Posts
I just checked a few other sights and there is a bushing[sorry about that] it stated that the thread size was 5/44. but it would be best to call Kimber monday and ask for someone who knows for sure. Dont give up just ask for a different person till you get the right answer to your problem.

·
Registered
14,005 Posts
I've checked everywhere and came up with nothing. Even Midwest Gun Works doesn't have them. They have almost every spare factory part. I think Kimber is your only choice. Keep calling.
Like JC I also checked every place I could think of...sadly found nothing. All sources I found describe bushings as fitting "1911" not Micro.

Seems like Kimber CS is your best chance. Make sure they know it's for your Micro .380.
All bushings on the website says for 1911, I only found Micro grip screws?

Reactions: JC45

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm gonna call kimber customer service again tomorrow. Might ask to speak to a supervisor because when I called before the lady was crystal clear that I needed micro screws and bushings and that they were different than std 1911 screws and bushings. She still sent std 1911 parts??? In her defense, they don't even show any micro bushings on their website so this isn't gonna be a standard order for them but i can't imagine that I'm the first person to ever need a bushing for a micro

·
Registered
49 Posts
You made me just a bit curious so I pulled the grips from one of my Micro pistols and ....yup big fat bushings....most of these little guys just screw into the frame. Kimber must be smart enough to have a bushing part number?

·
Registered
14,005 Posts
You made me just a bit curious so I pulled the grips from one of my Micro pistols and ....yup big fat bushings....most of these little guys just screw into the frame. Kimber must be smart enough to have a bushing part number?
You would think so but I couldn't find a part number.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Finally got an email back from kimber customer service and this guy agreed that it was pretty dumb that they don't offer grip bushings on their website. He says he's sending me a stainless grip screw and bushing free of charge. If it's the right parts, I will be extremely happy. The problem I have now is that when I asked about returning the incorrect parts that they sent for a refund of my $24, he said I should keep them until I bought one of their 1911's.i keep hearing how awesome kimber's customer service is but DANG!!! Am I expecting too much? I just needed a grip screw and a bushing?

·
Registered
4,851 Posts
Maybe some others will check in but Im pretty sure they are just screwed to the frame. No bushings just threaded like the solo was, but I could be mistaken.
The grip screws on a Solo are not threaded into the frame; they do have bushings. And the bushings are not threaded either they are pressed in and swaged from the inside of the magazine well . If a grip screw bushing on a Solo gets loose there is no way to fix it.
I had a Solo that had two loose bushings and they had to send me a new pistol.

·
Registered
4,851 Posts
I recently noticed a grip screw and bushing missing from my micro 380. I can't find them anywhere, including kimber. Everywhere I look it's all the same screws and bushings that are on the kimber website, none of which are for a micro. I called kimber cs and they sent me full size 1911 grip screws and bushings. Can anyone tell me where to buy stainless steel grip screws and bushings for a kimber micro 380? Doesn't seem like this should be so difficult but I'm really struggling here
I can see you losing a screw; ( I've got a few loose screws myself ) but how in the heck did you lose a bushing? I can't figure that out. Not that it matters just curious.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The bushings will thread out right out through the grip. In fact after noticing the one missing I took the other 3 out, 2 of which brought the bushing out with the screw. If I can get a bushing, probably gonna be some loctite on the bushings

·
Registered
8,113 Posts
The bushings will thread out right out through the grip. In fact after noticing the one missing I took the other 3 out, 2 of which brought the bushing out with the screw. If I can get a bushing, probably gonna be some loctite on the bushings
I would buy some o-rings to put between the grip and the head of the screw. Here's a link but you can find them on many different sites. Amazon, eBay etc.

https://www.brownells.com/handgun-p...shings/1911-grip-screw-o-ring-prod108311.aspx

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks JC45, I might just try those o rings. The micro screw heads seem to be the same diameter as 1911 screws, not sure why they wouldn't work? I really appreciate all the support and knowledge on this forum. Seem to be a few goofballs but knowledgable goofballs (very acceptable in my book) thanks again!

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Finally!!! I got in touch with a gentleman at kimber CS who was able to send me grip screws and bushings for my micro!!! His name is Eric Massey and he actually sent me an RMR for the screws and bushings that were sent to me incorrectly. Even if they don't issue credit for the $24 I'll consider this cluster $&#@ closed. This escapade for 1 grip screw and 1 bushing has taken over a month and has included several phone calls and several emails to kimber CS. Not only that but I have contacted almost 50 other companies that were not able to help me from brownell's to custom grip companies to Amazon to Ebay. I have say this has been the biggest fiasco that I have ever been involved in and it was for, quite possibly, the most simple request I've ever made to anyone. It seems that most people have very good luck with kimber CS but the level of incompetence and general lack of giving a shit that I've encountered blows my mind. Maybe if I were looking for 1911 parts it would have been easier than a proprietary part (which are only available thru kimber since they are not made available to distributors)? IDK?

·
Registered
3,031 Posts
If you can get parts numbers for the bushings and screws that'd be great. I'd think that info would make for a good sticky?
Glad you were able to get things worked out.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
The SKU for the stainless grip screws is 1200168A. There is no part number or SKU that I can find on their website for stainless bushings but my shipping invoice has 1200526 as the number for the bushings.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Update...got the ole 380 back together and finally got to the range. I was amazed again how much I enjoy shooting this little micro. I have a micro 9 that I enjoy equally. I read here of lots of reliability and accuracy problems with the micros but I couldn't be happier with mine. I will admit that I haven't received the stellar service from kimber CS that everyone else seems get but maybe they'll do better next time. Overall I'm very happy with my Kimbers.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts