Kimber Talk Forums banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Micro grip screws

I got a set of bushings and screws from Kimber a few years ago so that I could file them down so that some thin grips I made would fit. The screw thread size is 5-44 but you'll have trouble finding screws eith heads the right size for your grips. You can also get screws for Amazon (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07JZK5S1V/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1) for $15. They come in black or stainless steel. When you install the new bushing, put a drop of super glue on it right before screwing it in. That will keep the bushing on the frame if you ever take the grips off.

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
When you install the new bushing, put a drop of super glue on it right before screwing it in. That will keep the bushing on the frame if you ever take the grips off.
Super Glue, really? First time I've heard that one.

The standard for grip screw bushings for decades has been to use blue Locktite (#242) for this task (NOT Red Locktite!). It will keep the bushings in place and be capable of removal if/when wanted.

This is the anchoring method used by virtually every smith I've encountered or talked to on this subject. But it's your gun, use whatever you want. JME

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hardly Any 380 micro

I'm gonna call kimber customer service again tomorrow. Might ask to speak to a supervisor because when I called before the lady was crystal clear that I needed micro screws and bushings and that they were different than std 1911 screws and bushings. She still sent std 1911 parts??? In her defense, they don't even show any micro bushings on their website so this isn't gonna be a standard order for them but i can't imagine that I'm the first person to ever need a bushing for a micro
For some reason Kimber has hardly any parts for the 380 Micro
I asked for a hammer for my micro .. said you need a gun smith to order one or send it back , also can't find a firing pin and spring for the micro 380 . Not a happy camper with Kimber regarding 380 Micro
Looked for bushings for the grips .... no luck Any where including kimber site
Csysman

·
Registered
13 Posts
I recently noticed a grip screw and bushing missing from my micro 380. I can't find them anywhere, including kimber. Everywhere I look it's all the same screws and bushings that are on the kimber website, none of which are for a micro. I called kimber cs and they sent me full size 1911 grip screws and bushings. Can anyone tell me where to buy stainless steel grip screws and bushings for a kimber micro 380? Doesn't seem like this should be so difficult but I'm really struggling here
I just got off the phone with Kimber and ordered a firing pin spring I also asked for the bushing for the micro CDP 380 grip and they don't have any ,not even the rubber grommets - as far as any thing else they are not allowed selling them to the public ,they couldn't tell me why
But I believe they can sell parts to a registered Kimber gun smith is what I was told
Just passing along some info
Csysman

·
Registered
13 Posts
Not available from Kimber Micro ...I called Kimber yesterday (July 20) and requested some with grommets , do not have either part , hard to believe
Csysman

21 - 25 of 25 Posts