Kimber Talk Forums banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
3,796 Posts
Hey Phil, I bet the EVO's have the same problems as the Micro9, except looking more "tactical" for lack of a better term for there look (that don't do it for me). Have you noticed certain pistols of different makers are looking more and more similar, at least they do to me.
Yup, I agree. The EVO is yet another subcompact single-stack nine among how many now, a zillion? Zillion + 1 = yawn. At least the metal frame will set the EVO apart from most of the single-stack nine "Me too" ho-hum competition.

What I find more interesting is the Zev-like slide work on the EVO Custom Shop. This type of custom slide work has been a big hit among Glock owners customizing their guns and I think will creep into more manufacture's offerings. I would not be surprised if the EVO Custom Shop slide is a precursor for Kimber's evolution into the next generation of standard offerings.

·
Registered
3,166 Posts
Reminds me of cars decades ago. Use to be able to tell what model it was by usually looking at the nose or tail. Still not sure of year? Look at tail light lens.
Today they all mostly look like the boxy Euro cars. Hell, they almost look like they are pressed from the same mold.

SA with their new 9mm 911 has almost to the T, the same specs of my P938. I hate when companies pull this kind of stuff. I'd rather see new innovation. Ugh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
191 Posts
I will confess when I purchased my Micro Carry I did so because it felt better in my hand than the Sig. The Sig also kind of struck me as kinda like a Volvo, you know "boxy". Not sexy like the carry melted Kimber. I presumed at the price point I was going to get a pistol that performed flawlessly. That didn't exactly turn out to be the case.
CousinMark, my thoughts exactly. I have felt vain for using such shallow criteria for picking a subcompact cannon till now. Buying a Micro .380 is kinda like marrying the best looking girl in your high school class - comes with consequences and high maintenance fees.

·
Registered
3,796 Posts
Reminds me of cars decades ago. Use to be able to tell what model it was by usually looking at the nose or tail. Still not sure of year? Look at tail light lens.
Today they all mostly look like the boxy Euro cars. Hell, they almost look like they are pressed from the same mold.

SA with their new 9mm 911 has almost to the T, the same specs of my P938. I hate when companies pull this kind of stuff. I'd rather see new innovation. Ugh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Speaking of.... Palmetto has the SA .380 with Tritium sights $419 delivered. https://palmettostatearmory.com/spr...gn=Daily+Deal+Email&utm_content=5:00+pm+email

Attachments

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
****Update**** Should have posted this a while ago ut got my Micro Ratpr back from Kimber after 2 attempts.. She is good now and no issues. The ammo can be a problem. These pistols are finicky. When at range all they had was Aguilar. Kimber changed the barrel and adjusted with extractor - went to range and fired Sellier & Bellot 92grain FMJ. Ran flawless. For shits and giggle loaded a clip with Aguilar - I had an issue. Even had issue with Aguilar in wifes Sig 238 as well. Sellier and Bellot ran flawless in the Sig. I geuss ammo does play a roll but hate to have a fusy gun when it comes to ammo. Will continue to break in and plan on busting through a 1000 rounds once ammo prices come down. Was able to pick up 1000 rounds of Sellier & Bellot but I paid a pretty penny for it. Just wanted to have some ammo on hand.

R

·
Registered
3,797 Posts
Sellier and Bellot ran flawless in the Sig. I geuss ammo does play a roll but hate to have a fusy gun when it comes to ammo.
I hear ya. I have a .380 that used to choke on Fiocchi, but everything else ran perfectly. Like you said, fussy guns are not desirable, so I made some adjustments. But I never bothered buying any more Fiocchi, so I can't be certain how it would run.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts