Kimber Talk Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up my Micro 9 SS yesterday after a long wait. After reading the owners manual I sat dos to breakdown the gun to clean it before shooting for the first time. However, I am unable to remove the slide stop pin! Anyone experience anything like this?

Administrator
Have you ever broken down a 1911 type gun before?

Registered
Retract the slide rewards until the notch in the slide aligns with the tab on the slide release.

Once aligned:

Grasp (firmly) the slide and frame with one hand to hold the slide in position. From the opposite side push the slide release towards you. There will be a little button which is the end of the slide release on the opposite side of the frame. On the Micro you may need to use a small wooden rod to push the slide stop far enough away from the frame for you to pull it out.

Attachments

Registered
Picked up my Micro 9 SS yesterday after a long wait. After reading the owners manual I sat dos to breakdown the gun to clean it before shooting for the first time. However, I am unable to remove the slide stop pin! Anyone experience anything like this?
I've found with my PRO CDP II that I need to press the slide stop down first and then push it out. The "ear" on the stop will not clear the notch in the slide by a hair. When I press the thumb lever of the stop down that hair it pops right out. If it hangs up again watch for that.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
First Range Report

I promised a report and here it is. Ran 200 Remington 115 grain rounds in brought with no issues. Also ran 50 Winchester Kinetic HE JHP through and no issues. Gun shoots great but needs some time to break in. Black sights are horrible and will be replaced with night sights at first opportunity. The standard six round magazine will also be augmented with a seven round which I think will make this very small gun easier to grip. This gun is not as much fun to shoot as my Sigs buta great carry option. So far so good. More to come.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.