Kimber Talk Forums banner
21 - 36 of 36 Posts

· Registered
6 Posts
Shoot that was fast. When did you send it in? Last time I sent mine in they had the thing for 7 weeks.
Yes, it was faster than I was quoted and expected. About 2 weeks start to finish. Very happy with it now. Has been IWB ever since. Wife and I went to the Vintage Motorcycle Festival at Barber Motorsports Park yesterday with my Micro 9 at my (concealed) side. Great day!

· Registered
19 Posts
Yes, it was faster than I was quoted and expected. About 2 weeks start to finish. Very happy with it now. Has been IWB ever since. Wife and I went to the Vintage Motorcycle Festival at Barber Motorsports Park yesterday with my Micro 9 at my (concealed) side. Great day!
Tomorrow will make two weeks since my Woodland Night has been in Yonkers. Fingers crossed I get mine back soon..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

· Registered
60 Posts
Tomorrow will make two weeks since my Woodland Night has been in Yonkers. Fingers crossed I get mine back soon..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Well keep us updated on when you get yours back. My woodland night was at yonkers for 7 weeks the first time and its coming up on two weeks back this time around already. Hoping its not another 7 week trip.

· Registered
5,003 Posts
Whenever you're cleaning your pistol do not put any oil in the firing pin hole or the channel by any other means that spring and firing pin are perfectly all right if they're dry. If you put oil in the firing pin hole you're going to slow down the firing pin and get exactly what you're experiencing. Before sending it to Kimber and waiting a month I would take that firing pin and spring out look it over dry it off run a very small Q-tip down the channel or even blow it out with some compressed air if you have the means. It could be a very simple fix. Then do the pencil test.

· Banned
5,821 Posts
Finally remembered to cut me a piece of 5/16 delrin. cut it at 7.5". now armed with this stick I can get the GSIGHT "training"/play laser out....
while I was at it I figured I would compare PRIMER STRIKE FORCE.

ON THE M9 it would go about 2" past the barrel tip. pointed up.

then on my beretta 92 it went over a foot..same on 3 others....so yes it does have a wimpy strike.
though all the rounds I have shot have all fired. different ammo may be more stubborn

· Registered
7 Posts
Mcarbo sells an excellent spring kit that fixes this issue. The firing pin spring is longer and stronger than the OEM and provides hard primer strikes. Just Google Mcarbo Micro 9 Spring Kit. I installed my kit today along with the Mcarbo 22lb flat wire recoil spring and main spring. Reduces your trigger pull to a consistent 3 lb pull. I highly recommend it.

· Registered
2,568 Posts
Mcarbo sells an excellent spring kit that fixes this issue. The firing pin spring is longer and stronger than the OEM and provides hard primer strikes. Just Google Mcarbo Micro 9 Spring Kit. I installed my kit today along with the Mcarbo 22lb flat wire recoil spring and main spring. Reduces your trigger pull to a consistent 3 lb pull. I highly recommend it.
Welcome Denny! You realize that this thread is going on 6 years old. That's about when the OP last posted.

21 - 36 of 36 Posts