Kimber Talk Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just picked up a new Micro 9 Rapide yesterday. It will be several days before I can get to the range. I noticed the front sight is noticeably to the right side of the slide cut. Have other Rapide owners noticed this on theirs?

Attachments

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
I'd shoot it first to see the POI, then decide weather to drift it a tad or not. Many times the factory will 'adjust' sights during the test/shooting function prior to shipping. No big deal if you have to drift it, just use a brass punch to avoid buggering up the sight or dovetail.

·
Registered
146 Posts
I just picked up a new Micro 9 Rapide yesterday. It will be several days before I can get to the range. I noticed the front sight is noticeably to the right side of the slide cut. Have other Rapide owners noticed this on theirs?
I just bought one from cabelas will be picking it up in a few days I’ll let u know, & thanks for forwarning About sight. Otherwise what do u think of the gun so far at least cosmetically. I have 2 kimbers both run great & love the way they shoot & feel. I hope the rapide gives me the same vibe

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I just bought one from cabelas will be picking it up in a few days I’ll let u know, & thanks for forwarning About sight. Otherwise what do u think of the gun so far at least cosmetically. I have 2 kimbers both run great & love the way they shoot & feel. I hope the rapide gives me the same vibe
It is a great looking pistol. That’s what did me in, I was looking at something else at Dunhams Sports and saw it. Since I‘ve had a Micro 9 for years, without a single issue after a few hundred rounds, I had complete confidence in the Micro 9 platform. So I walked out of Dunhams with a new Rapide and a whole lot lighter wallet. Let us know what you think when you pick your’s up.

·
Registered
158 Posts
I
What Rick in Oregon said!
I never looked until now that you mentioned it. Mines a bit to the right too. It shoots exactly where I aim it. I can't ask for any more than that.

·
Registered
146 Posts
It is a great looking pistol. That’s what did me in, I was looking at something else at Dunhams Sports and saw it. Since I‘ve had a Micro 9 for years, without a single issue after a few hundred rounds, I had complete confidence in the Micro 9 platform. So I walked out of Dunhams with a new Rapide and a whole lot lighter wallet. Let us know what you think when you pick your’s up.
Will do

·
Registered
322 Posts
So funny… so I went and grabbed my Rapide micro
And looked at the site.. put my fingers on it and it moved.. it slid right out like butter… geezzz

·
Registered
158 Posts
So funny… so I went and grabbed my Rapide micro
And looked at the site.. put my fingers on it and it moved.. it slid right out like butter… geezzz
WoW...that could've dropped out anywhere. This post was timely. I went back and checked mine...solid, no movement.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Yep… I got lucky, thanks OP for starting this post.. I couldn’t believe it just slid right out with no effort
I put a drop of gorilla glue on it last night slid it dead straight…it’s strong and tight today… will see how it works …I always check and clean after and check before I carry or range time.. but wow

·
Registered
146 Posts
Picked up mine yesterday & front sight is perfect. Couldn’t be happier it’s a beautiful piece. Will get to the range in the next couple of days & see how this puppy shoots.

·
Registered
158 Posts
You'll enjoy that little Micro 9.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts