Kimber Talk Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Micro 9 safety is very difficult to move, in both directions but more so to OFF.

Ive lubed it and moved it 50+ times (on/off/on/off). Does it need some part to be stoned or what do you suggest.

I realize it needs to be stout but this is difficult.

Thank you

·
Registered
3,738 Posts
Probably the detent, plunger, and spring. The safety rotates on the hammer. You can take it out of the equation by pulling the hammer all the way back, then seeing how the safety moves. If the problem is indeed the detent, you can polish it up by presenting it to a pointed wooden dowel loaded with compound and spinning in a drill press. The plunger can be polished similarly. The spring length can be shortened, lessening preload, but I'd save this for the last resort. Do the test first, and let us know how it works out.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you. Ill get to it next after the IRS. Im wrestling w/ Turbo tax. Everything is 'different' this year-my 8th w/ Turbo...

·
Registered
74 Posts
I was having the same problem with mine, trimmed a couple of coils off the spring... problem resolved.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Mine in stainless is easier to put in safe than take it out. But either way isn't impossible to move. I don't mind because it works. If it ain't broke don't fix it. It voids warranty.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts