Kimber Talk Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All,

New to the forum.

I'm wanting to purchase a 2nd Kimber Micro 9.

I have never noticed Bud's Gun Shop posting the serial numbers of in stock guns before, but they do now.

So, I was wondering the significance of PB or STB in starting off the Micro 9 serial number.

Model is "Nightfall" if that makes a difference.

just to clarify, these serials with PB and STB are both being offered as new purchases at Bud's. He has quite a few of each in stock for the Micro 9 Nightfall. I'm not sure if I should get a PBxxx or a STBxxx, not knowing if there is a difference at all....

Thanks in advance.

zeke23

·
Registered
13,771 Posts
Zeke23, welcome to the site from Tennessee.

We don't know what the secret codes to the serial prefixs are, Kimber controls that. Well someone may have figured it out let's wait and see if anyone tells us.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Zeke23, welcome to the site from Tennessee.

We don't know what the secret codes to the serial prefixs are, Kimber controls that. Well someone may have figured it out let's wait and see if anyone tells us.
thanks 2sharp2......Houston here...I'm wondering if it STB is newer manufacture than PB.....but I dunno for sure

·
Registered
13,771 Posts
A call to customer service tomorrow may get you an answer.

Reactions: Chuck43

·
Banned
2,326 Posts
My (PBxxxxxxx) Micro 9 Raptor was build on March 9, 2017.

(btw...problem/issue free since new. I only fire 147gr. JHP's)

Reactions: 2sharp2

·
Banned
2,326 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Sadly.....
I'm not impressed you failure to 'simply understand' my reply to another member.
If Bud's is your 'go to place', that's fine, but I'm not interested in your opinion regarding Bud's site.
You do understand I'm talking 'Kimber's site' not Buds.....Right?
btw...don't reply or quote me.
The discussion was about serial numbers listed on Buds site. So I don't know why you are talking about stuff off of Kimber's web site. There was no mention of that in this discussion before you entered in.

·
Banned
2,326 Posts
The discussion was about serial numbers listed on Buds site. So I don't know why you are talking about stuff off of Kimber's web site. There was no mention of that in this discussion before you entered in.
My post #14 to OP's post #1 was not to you.
Your input after post #1 was not pre related to post #14.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I believe Bud's lists the serial numbers, and lets the buyer choose, because, in some cases, the receiving FFL would like to know the serial number in advance of receiving the pistol.

The buyer picks the serial number, checks out, giving Bud's the receiving FFL's data, and then informs the receiving FFL of the serial number.

As for the other goings on in this thread, I really have no comment. Nope, none at all........

-Bob

·
Registered
144 Posts
My post #14 to OP's post #1 was not to you.
Your input after post #1 was not pre related to post #14.
Well after reading post #1 I had looked on Buds site and found that the guy was right that they are posting serial numbers of guns available. You argue with him that they are not serial numbers but sku numbers and model numbers. Well they have both on there, and the poster of #1 is right. I am only commenting because I was standing up for him. Listen this is a childish argument and you are the child in not admitting that you are wrong. But don't worry cause I am out of here. I started on this forum because I was a new Kimber owner and had always liked Kimbers. I wanted to know all I could know about them. I guess I am not going to cause I am gone. I just wish that a super moderator would of stepped in but I guess not. GOODBYE

1 - 20 of 23 Posts