Kimber Talk Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, I’m new to the forum. But not new to firearms. Retired law enforcement and firearms instructor. With that being said I’ve looked high and low for a compact 1911 style pistol that is easily concealed, extremely accurate and reliable. Well I found it. The Micro 9 fits the ticket admirably. I purchased my CDP, all black, with Crimson Trace grips with laser one year ago. The very first outing I loaded all 4 magazines with a variety of ammo. FMJ, JHP, old lead tips and mixed them in the magazines. All four magazines into the Micro 9 and fed the mismatch of ammo with NOT one misfire. That day I shot over 500 rounds through the pistol with NO misfires, failures to feed or any other malfunction. To say the least I was completely impressed with the accuracy and reliablity of the weapon. Distances from 10’ to 25 yards and accuracy was well within the requirements to use this weapon for law enforcement use. I can only say that I wish this pistol was available when I was on active duty. I utilized the 1911’s full size and compacts in 45 acp my whole career and would use an old Colt Mustang in 380 as a back up or for deep undercover work. The Micro 9 would have replaced the 380 in a heartbeat if it was available then. I practice with the Micro 9 regularly with FMJ 115 grain. When carrying concealed I keep the Micro 9 loaded with Hornady Critical Duty 135 grain + P for defense on a daily basis. Awesome pistol. SER

·
Registered
16,055 Posts
Welcome to the site from Tennessee.

Reactions: SER

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Welcome from Pittsburgh. I only wish I had the same success with my 2 micro 9’s and micro 380
Sorry you’re having problems with the pistols. I find most semi autos are finicky about ammo, and the actual grip the shooter has on the pistol. If your pistols are clean and well lubricated, they should shoot very welll. Try putting about 200 rounds of FMJ through each of them with a good solid grip. Probably will cure the problems you’re having after they break in. Let me know.

·
Registered
2,418 Posts
...welcome to the forum from north Alabama just shy of the Tennessee line...

...you may want to consider the Kimber Ultra in 9mm or .45 ACP.... ...the Ultra being a real 1911 compact....

·
Registered
214 Posts
Sorry you’re having problems with the pistols. I find most semi autos are finicky about ammo, and the actual grip the shooter has on the pistol. If your pistols are clean and well lubricated, they should shoot very welll. Try putting about 200 rounds of FMJ through each of them with a good solid grip. Probably will cure the problems you’re having after they break in. Let me know.
Unless short strike from firing pin, failure to eject, magazines not staying in plus using the recommended ammo from y’all are from lubing and grip LOL

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Hello all, I’m new to the forum. But not new to firearms. Retired law enforcement and firearms instructor. With that being said I’ve looked high and low for a compact 1911 style pistol that is easily concealed, extremely accurate and reliable. Well I found it. The Micro 9 fits the ticket admirably. I purchased my CDP, all black, with Crimson Trace grips with laser one year ago. The very first outing I loaded all 4 magazines with a variety of ammo. FMJ, JHP, old lead tips and mixed them in the magazines. All four magazines into the Micro 9 and fed the mismatch of ammo with NOT one misfire. That day I shot over 500 rounds through the pistol with NO misfires, failures to feed or any other malfunction. To say the least I was completely impressed with the accuracy and reliablity of the weapon. Distances from 10’ to 25 yards and accuracy was well within the requirements to use this weapon for law enforcement use. I can only say that I wish this pistol was available when I was on active duty. I utilized the 1911’s full size and compacts in 45 acp my whole career and would use an old Colt Mustang in 380 as a back up or for deep undercover work. The Micro 9 would have replaced the 380 in a heartbeat if it was available then. I practice with the Micro 9 regularly with FMJ 115 grain. When carrying concealed I keep the Micro 9 loaded with Hornady Critical Duty 135 grain + P for defense on a daily basis. Awesome pistol. SER
Welcome from the mountains of VA! My two micro 9s are 100% reliable as well! Nice choice!

·
Registered
2,441 Posts
I should say that after repairs from Kimber all my micros have been flawless
That positively underscores Kimber's exceptional customer service. Like all high production manufacturers there will be a few less than desirable firearms that get by their quality control departments. It's how they handle these component failures that separate the wheat from the chaff.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts