Kimber Talk Forums banner

More Toys!!

2K views 13 replies 6 participants last post by  Lineman 
#1 · (Edited)
I just received and installed the Wilson Combat #651 Flat Wire Recoil Spring Kit for my Pro Carry II. The installation was quick and easy. I was surprised to find that pulling back the slide actually seemed lighter than with the factory spring!!:eek::eek: Oddly enough, when the slide is released, it seems to jump forward with more authority than the factory spring. Go figure!!??:confused::confused:

Going to the range tomorrow to check it out. Will update this post afterwords. Really hoping that the performance improvement will be worth the $50 cost of the kit. If it lives up to other members posts, I will be doing the happy dance this time tomorrow!!!:D:D

I also picked up a couple of Chip McCormick stainless 8 rd magazines. They have always been good to me. They will get in on the range workout also.

#2 ·
I ordered and installed the same kit on my compact stainless II. I haven't had a chance to test drive it yet as I am in Alaska working but can't wait to try it. Eager to hear your results....

#3 ·
Let's all go to Alaska and visit Byrdman.

I've been to Anchorage and Fairbanks. You someplace different? (let's not turn this into a hijack, it's just an inquiry)

#6 · (Edited)
Let's all go to Alaska and visit Byrdman.

I've been to Anchorage and Fairbanks. You someplace different? (let's not turn this into a hijack, it's just an inquiry)
I'm game, if you are. Have been there twice when my son was stationed at Ft Wainwright. Absolutely beautiful country!! Let's do it!!

Plant Property Tree Land lot Grass
Water Plant Vertebrate Natural landscape Fluvial landforms of streams
<---- MOOSE!!!!

#7 ·
Keith, son told me yesterday the OH-58s are gone from Wainwright.

Back on topic

#9 · (Edited)
Range Time!!

Well, I did the range thing today!! I sent a box full of Federal's American Eagle 230 grain FMJ's down the range. I only encountered 2 FTF this time. I examined both rounds before re-chambering and firing them. Both had a rough burr edge on the mouth of the cases. I blame the ammo for that, not the pistol or magazinesl.

If I throw out those two hang ups, I had a great day at the range!! The new Wilson Combat Flat Wire Spring Kit did an admirable job and the new Chip McCormick mags functioned well also. I threw a few flyers, but I wasn't really concentrating, just putting rounds through the gun. Photo of target attached:
Wood Trigger Gun barrel Air gun Pattern

I have 125 rounds through the pistol now and the performance and reliability keep improving. I think this one will be a SHOOTER!!!!!

#11 ·
Just For Fun!!!

Not bad for a fat, half blind, old, ex-Lineman!!!

#14 ·
That is 125 total through the PC II and 50 with the Wilson spring. Like I said, I think this one will be a shooter!!! :cool::cool:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.