Kimber Talk Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,757 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I just received and installed the Wilson Combat #651 Flat Wire Recoil Spring Kit for my Pro Carry II. The installation was quick and easy. I was surprised to find that pulling back the slide actually seemed lighter than with the factory spring!!:eek::eek: Oddly enough, when the slide is released, it seems to jump forward with more authority than the factory spring. Go figure!!??:confused::confused:

Going to the range tomorrow to check it out. Will update this post afterwords. Really hoping that the performance improvement will be worth the $50 cost of the kit. If it lives up to other members posts, I will be doing the happy dance this time tomorrow!!!:D:D

I also picked up a couple of Chip McCormick stainless 8 rd magazines. They have always been good to me. They will get in on the range workout also.

·
Registered
513 Posts
I ordered and installed the same kit on my compact stainless II. I haven't had a chance to test drive it yet as I am in Alaska working but can't wait to try it. Eager to hear your results....

·
Registered
11,761 Posts
Let's all go to Alaska and visit Byrdman.

I've been to Anchorage and Fairbanks. You someplace different? (let's not turn this into a hijack, it's just an inquiry)

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Lineman, I have about 1100 rounds on my 651 kit and I really like it. And 0 FTFs. Somehow it makes me feel smarter too.

·
Super Moderator
38,342 Posts
I've been running 2 of them for a couple of years now, you're going to love it.

·
Registered
3,757 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)

I've been to Anchorage and Fairbanks. You someplace different? (let's not turn this into a hijack, it's just an inquiry)
I'm game, if you are. Have been there twice when my son was stationed at Ft Wainwright. Absolutely beautiful country!! Let's do it!!

2010_0618Alaska_Trip0371.JPG 2010_0618Alaska_Trip0366.JPG <---- MOOSE!!!!

·
Registered
11,761 Posts
Keith, son told me yesterday the OH-58s are gone from Wainwright.

Back on topic

·
Registered
513 Posts

Cook Inlet south of Anchorage, offshore

No hijack, lol

Reactions: Insta-Gator

·
Registered
3,757 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Range Time!!

Well, I did the range thing today!! I sent a box full of Federal's American Eagle 230 grain FMJ's down the range. I only encountered 2 FTF this time. I examined both rounds before re-chambering and firing them. Both had a rough burr edge on the mouth of the cases. I blame the ammo for that, not the pistol or magazinesl.

If I throw out those two hang ups, I had a great day at the range!! The new Wilson Combat Flat Wire Spring Kit did an admirable job and the new Chip McCormick mags functioned well also. I threw a few flyers, but I wasn't really concentrating, just putting rounds through the gun. Photo of target attached:
PC II 125 Rnds-1.JPG

I have 125 rounds through the pistol now and the performance and reliability keep improving. I think this one will be a SHOOTER!!!!!

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
That's a pretty tight group in the center. Good shooting.

·
Registered
3,757 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

·
Super Moderator
5,190 Posts
You said you've got 125 rounds through it. I can't keep up with everybody. Is that 125 total or 125 on the Wilson spring kit?

·
Super Moderator
38,342 Posts
Nice shooting Lineman73.

·
Registered
3,757 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
You said you've got 125 rounds through it. I can't keep up with everybody. Is that 125 total or 125 on the Wilson spring kit?
That is 125 total through the PC II and 50 with the Wilson spring. Like I said, I think this one will be a shooter!!! :cool::cool:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts