Kimber Talk Forums banner
1 - 20 of 168 Posts

·
Registered
3,988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just picked it up today and back from the range. Shoots great and not as punishing as you might think. I like it. :)

It's going to be designated as a truck gun.

Here's the Shockwave pictured with my 18 inch Winchester for comparison.

Thunder Ranch video.

·
Registered
3,988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Careful reserving at Bud's. I heard a few days ago they were piling up reservations for the Shockwave 500-600 deep so says a guy who knows someone at Bud's. Bud's has a hefty order cancelation charge during the first couple months after reserving.

I put in for notification at Grabagun and Kentucky Gun Co. In less than a week Kentucky Gun Co sent me an e-mail they had the Shockwave in stock $389 free shipping. I clicked the buy button. Just yesterday Palmetto had them on Memorial Day sale $389. Problem is, they move fast so a smartphone will likely be needed to reply in time unless you happen to be by the computer. Good luck.

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
This firearm looks really cool! You guys are total enablers! Now I am rethinking my Father's Day gift idea for my husband.

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
Reactions: ChattanoogaPhil

·
Registered
19,361 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
19,361 Posts

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
I seen them...looks nice. Guess I will just keep my Maverick 88, 12GA. Hey, my barrel is only 18.5 inches...

·
Registered
1,800 Posts
Did they do anything to the rear of the receiver to prevent a shoulder stock being added after ATF NFA paperwork is completed?

·
Registered
3,988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Couple of questions...

Did Mossberg send a letter from the ATF with your new gun ?

http://www.mossberg.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/03/Shockwave-Letter-from-ATF-3-2-17.pdf

Can it be carried in your truck loaded ? {See comment #7 in link}

Mossberg 590 Shockwave -- Be Careful Out There
No letter. And no problem with transfer this morning at FFL. Went right through. These things are selling as fast as they can make em.

No vehicle restrictions in Tennessee. Loaded machine guns... whatever... all good.

The only vehicle restriction on permit holders used to be no loaded long guns in vehicle. I think that had a history with hunting issues but was lifted for permit holders quite a few years ago.

·
Registered
3,988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Did they do anything to the rear of the receiver to prevent a shoulder stock being added after ATF NFA paperwork is completed?
There is no NFA paperwork. You can walk into a gun store and buy a Shockwave like any other gun. I'm unaware of any modifications to the receiver. To put a shoulder stock on the Shockwave would be to make a SBS (Short Barrel Shotgun) and that would require a Tax Stamp.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Hubby is experiencing "shotgun envy"! He just ordered a HK VP9 yesterday and now is wishing he'd gone for the shockwave. You've given me his b'day gift idea. Thanks for the info.

Reactions: ChattanoogaPhil

·
Administrator
38,881 Posts
Nice looking hog leg Phill, since it's intended for close range work you might want to look into Aguila mini shells. You can about double the load capacity and lessen the recoil with them.

1 - 20 of 168 Posts