Kimber Talk Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...now the boss lady is asking me to look into a Browning 1911-380 Black Label Medallion Pro...

...so please let me know what y'all think about this pistol...

·
Registered
809 Posts
I'll tell you what I think, they are super cool and I want one. My buddy has one he's had no issues, some have had some unreliability issues which are largely thought to be related to the magazines of which there is only one source.

From what I've read they are more likely to run correctly on foreign made ammo which tends to have a slightly longer OAL. Has not mattered with my buddies however.

·
Registered
2,986 Posts
I have no doubt the pistol is of fine quality. They've been out there for some time and there seems to be little bad press. It will certainly be nice to have but may not be so easy to feed consistently? Quality .380 ammo wasn't cheap before Uncle Joe took office. Last I looked there was nothing available even at inflated prices???

·
Super Moderator
38,046 Posts
Do it, I think you're both going to love it, not to mention the points you're going to score. ;)

·
Registered
13,876 Posts
Buy it, score the man points! But for real, what's her intended use? I think it looks nice. Way to big for the caliber for use as a CC pistol IMO. May as well carry a full size 45, 1911.
I think the one source for magazines might be an issue for me? Have you checked the price of those. Plus as was mentioned 380 ammo was never really affordable.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ms. Mary Matilda carries in her purse; and she prefers the larger size... ...remember that my little lady shoots Cowboy Action, SASS, using Ruger Single Action Six Shooters in .32 H&R Magnum using each round stuffed plumb full of the Holy Black (meets smoke density requirements when compressed with the bullet)....

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
Looks like a great, well built little pistol and all the positive attributes would make it a fun gun for sure.

BUT, as has been mentioned, with it being almost full size, why not just snag a Kimber 1911 in 9mm and be done with it. The .380 is better suited to pocket pistols, the ammo is brutally expensive when you can find it, and it's still underpowered greatly when compared with a 9mm. If it's just going to be a shooter, why not get it in a caliber that is virtually everywhere and priced far below what .380 is always going for?

If reloading .380 is viable, then sure, go for it. But other than the "cute factor", I just can't see a viable use for a full size handgun in .380. But that's just me. I have full size 1911's in .22LR, and they're a boatload of fun, so I get it, but compare .22LR ammo to .380 and the allure quickly goes away.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Ms. Mary Matilda carries in her purse; and she prefers the larger size... ...remember that my little lady shoots Cowboy Action, SASS, using Ruger Single Action Six Shooters in .32 H&R Magnum using each round stuffed plumb full of the Holy Black (meets smoke density requirements when compressed with the bullet)....
View attachment 125842
That's cool, My Mrs. won't even touch one.

·
Registered
436 Posts
I have the 1911-22 and it is a well built gun. Now that ammo is so scarce, it's my goto range gun. Having said that, I am happy enough with my 1911-22 that I won't hesitate a second to recommend the 1911-380. I truly believe your missus would be happy with it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts