Kimber Talk Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After many many years as a gun and reloading enthusiast, I decided to purchase a Kimber Ultra Carry ll Two Tone. I am so glad I pulled the trigger on this one. From reading about Kimbers through the years, the people either loved them or hated them. Well, I love mine! I was looking forward to a multi-round break-in period, but why? After feeding it everything I can cast and reload in .452, it ate them all like a champ. NO malfunctions after 250 rounds. It's eating my 200 gr Lee crazy ogive flat nose. My CZ won't eat those reliably! But anyway, I'm a believer in Kimber and won't hesitate to purchase another great-looking 1911 from them.

·
Registered
13,772 Posts
Hoosier45, welcome to the site from Tennessee. Refreshing first post. Congrats on your new Kimber. You have gone down the rabbit hole now. I'll just say my problem started with (ONE) late 2013 now at (16).

·
Registered
54 Posts
Your joyful introduction to your new Kimber reminds of the day I first had a Custom Target 1911 couple decades past. I was so impressed with a buddy's version, I bought one which soon eclipsed my beloved Colt Gold Cup in group size and accuracy regardless of the recipe! It has served me well with absolutely zero issues and many thousands down range. Cheers and yes, there IS another Kimber out there waiting for you.

·
Registered
7,895 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Northeast Pa.

I didn’t think I’d like an Ultra in a 45 because of my previous experience with small 45s. I had several small 45s and they just weren’t fun to shoot IMO.
After listening to good things about the Ultra and with the help of my enabling friends on this forum, I picked up an Ultra TLE II. I absolutely love this gun. It shoots great, it’s 100% reliable and it’s easy to carry.
Congratulations on your UCII.

·
Super Moderator
37,744 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Dimondale, Mi. Hoosier 45.

Reactions: Hoosier 45

·
Registered
949 Posts
After many many years as a gun and reloading enthusiast, I decided to purchase a Kimber Ultra Carry ll Two Tone. I am so glad I pulled the trigger on this one. From reading about Kimbers through the years, the people either loved them or hated them. Well, I love mine! I was looking forward to a multi-round break-in period, but why? After feeding it everything I can cast and reload in .452, it ate them all like a champ. NO malfunctions after 250 rounds. It's eating my 200 gr Lee crazy ogive flat nose. My CZ won't eat those reliably! But anyway, I'm a believer in Kimber and won't hesitate to purchase another great-looking 1911 from them.
Welcome to the forums.
I haven't seen anyone that actually owns an Ultra that hates it.
I love mine. Never had an issue.
I shoot it every week or two.

Kimber makes fantastic 1911s.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Welcome! They’re tellin you right! Kimbers are addictive!!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Oh, I'm sure I will be getting more Kimbers after this GREAT purchase. Everyday I'm liking it more and more. I put an ArmaLaser on it and it looks like it was made for this gun. Very reasonable price compared to other lasers and I like the way it works by sensing my grip much like the grip safeties on 1911s. This is my 3rd 1911. My 1st was a Remington R1 that I modified with a 2 1/2lb trigger and bunches of other good stuff and now is my 460 Rowland. It's been my project gun for years. My 2nd is an RIA FS 10mm. Nice trigger out of the box. I had them put a new barrel on it after a week of shooting it. Anything under 1200 fps was tumbling. I slugged the barrel and sure enough it was way out of spec. This Kimber is my 3rd and fits my purpose perfectly. It's been the most reliable so far. I'm going to do a trigger job on this one too. The trigger is a little gritty. I haven't checked the pull weight yet, but it feels to be over 5lbs. I think a crisp 3lb trigger will be perfect for this carry option!

·
Registered
460 Posts
Welcome from northern Indiana enjoy the conversation.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Welcome from northern Indiana enjoy the conversation.
I traded in a Walther to buy my first Kimber 2 months ago. I bought a Micro 9 stainless new for way less than MSRP. I also like .380acp and have had a Walther PK380 which I traded for my Micro 9 and still have a Bresa Thunder 380 that probably will be the next casualty. Thinking of buying a Micro 380 Two-tone when I get rid of the Bersa. After that I might just buy a Kimber of some persuasion in 45. Might take a while but I will get one.

·
Registered
949 Posts
I traded in a Walther to buy my first Kimber 2 months ago. I bought a Micro 9 stainless new for way less than MSRP. I also like .380acp and have had a Walther PK380 which I traded for my Micro 9 and still have a Bresa Thunder 380 that probably will be the next casualty. Thinking of buying a Micro 380 Two-tone when I get rid of the Bersa. After that I might just buy a Kimber of some persuasion in 45. Might take a while but I will get one.
😁
If you buy a Kimber in the Lord's caliber you won't want the .380.

Reactions: Tinman

·
Registered
949 Posts
Well maybe you think so but a 380 is much easier to conceal. I carry my current 380 as a backup or at anytime I am wearing lighter clothing.
I am of the "get them both" mindset.
There is no such thing as "too many Kimbers".

But if you get a .45 Ultra, you will see what I mean.
;)
Small, compact, true 1911, large caliber, and built very well.
Easy to conceal, accurate, and easy to control.
Even with the scamdemic ammo shortage, .45acp ammo is also about half the cost of .380 right now..which is mostly unobtainium.

If you get the opportunity, shoot one.
If you think Kimber did a good job with the Micro, you should see what they can do with a compact 1911.

·
Registered
144 Posts
I am of the "get them both" mindset.
There is no such thing as "too many Kimbers".

But if you get a .45 Ultra, you will see what I mean.
;)
Small, compact, true 1911, large caliber, and built very well.
Easy to conceal, accurate, and easy to control.
Even with the scamdemic ammo shortage, .45acp ammo is also about half the cost of .380 right now..which is mostly unobtainium.

If you get the opportunity, shoot one.
If you think Kimber did a good job with the Micro, you should see what they can do with a compact 1911.
Got over 1000 rounds of 380 at my disposal got zero 45.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts