Kimber Talk Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know..not a Kimber.. But i know you guys like all kinds of guns. I bought her used about 2 yrs ago. It was an impulse buy. I was at the gun shop with my Brother, he was looking at the new HK VP9s that have the slide cut for an optic Which he did buy..and that's a really cool gun. But I spotted the Beretta in the back corner of the display case. I have always thought they were pretty..with the slide open and the barrel exposed. So i asked about her.. She was far from perfect from a cosmetic standpoint. Lots of dings and scratches. I think that's why they put her in the back corner.. 馃槦 I think she had a hard life, they ran her serial number and said she was made in 1994, and was probably sold new in California since she was shipped with 2 10rnd mags. Anyways..i couldnt leave her there.. They threw in a new 15rnd mag, and i got her for $410.00 Who knows how many rnds have been thru her, but i have shot over 1000..all kinds of ammo..100% reliable..not even a single issue. I keep her on top the fridge loaded up with Federal Hydrashok hollow points. Had her out at the range and ran 50rnds thru her tonight, and gave her some love... And just thought i would share... :)

Registered
When I was in the military, the M9, aka Beretta 92FS was my secondary sidearm.
I got to know Beretta鈥檚 quite well, and my buddy used to shoot pistol competitions with his.
To me, they are a great weapon. Classic looks and lines!
It was a great pistol in my opinion, and they still are.
When I became a Sheriffs Officer several years after, the duty issued firearm was a Glock 23 in .40 S&W.
I detest the Glock 23, but love the .40 S&W, if loaded properly with a 155 gr to 165 gr bullet going 1100 - 1200 fps range.
I liked the Beretta 92FS so much, I recently acquired my Beretta 96FS Inox, and combined the cartridge to one of my favorite pistols.
There鈥檚 nothing wrong with the 9mm, I just prefer the .40 S&W better.
You have a great looking pistol that has character!
Enjoy it a lot!
Mine is below.

Hawk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Registered
Nice score Lisa. Surprise, I don't have a 92, just a Beretta over-under. I think Rick has a project going with a 92? Can't beat your out the door price. I can see that being a good fridge gun...

Registered
Nice score Lisa. Surprise, I don't have a 92, just a Beretta over-under. I think Rick has a project going with a 92? Can't beat your out the door price. I can see that being a good fridge gun...
Well, I do have a pair of much loved Beretta Silver Pigeons O/U's in 12 and 20ga in the safe; great bird guns.

But no M92 project in the works, only my Browning Hi-Power undergoing surgery, new holster and grips right now. Never been a fan of Beretta handguns, not bashing them, just never been attracted to them in any way. Never liked DAO handguns either (personal preference), so that's the primary reason besides them being heavy and bulky IMO. After a lifetime of both training and carrying the 1911 from jungles to concrete, this old dog ain't gonna change anytime soon.

But any new gun is a treasure to it's new owner, so "bravo" on the new acquisition there Lisa, enjoy the new toy! And the price was certainly right! :)

Registered
My bad Rick, I had the Hi Power and 92 mixed up.:confused:

Reactions: Rick in Oregon

Premium Member
I know..not a Kimber.. But i know you guys like all kinds of guns. I bought her used about 2 yrs ago. It was an impulse buy. I was at the gun shop with my Brother, he was looking at the new HK VP9s that have the slide cut for an optic Which he did buy..and that's a really cool gun. But I spotted the Beretta in the back corner of the display case. I have always thought they were pretty..with the slide open and the barrel exposed. So i asked about her.. She was far from perfect from a cosmetic standpoint. Lots of dings and scratches. I think that's why they put her in the back corner.. 馃槦 I think she had a hard life, they ran her serial number and said she was made in 1994, and was probably sold new in California since she was shipped with 2 10rnd mags. Anyways..i couldnt leave her there.. They threw in a new 15rnd mag, and i got her for $410.00 Who knows how many rnds have been thru her, but i have shot over 1000..all kinds of ammo..100% reliable..not even a single issue. I keep her on top the fridge loaded up with Federal Hydrashok hollow points. Had her out at the range and ran 50rnds thru her tonight, and gave her some love... And just thought i would share... :)

That pistol will outlast most of us!
I have one that I got when we were arming our police and I was allowed to by a personal weapon on the contract. That was about 1995 and it is still humming along.

I also have a WWII trophy Beretta Mod. 1934 in .380 that my dad brought home from his government sponsored 'vacation' in North Africa and Italy in 1943-45. He was an ordnance M/SGT with the 3d Army. It has the same open slide design and still works perfectly.

Premium Member
I have one that I got when we were arming our police and I was allowed to by a personal weapon on the contract. That was about 1995 and it is still humming along.

I also have a WWII trophy Beretta Mod. 1934 in .380 that my dad brought home from his government sponsored 'vacation' in North Africa and Italy in 1943-45. He was an ordnance M/SGT with the 3d Army. It has the same open slide design and still works perfectly.
Thought I'd add pics of my Beretta cousins...

Registered

This my Beretta 92F. Made in Maryland, good old USA. It's a 9mm

1 - 20 of 25 Posts