Kimber Talk Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After much debate with myself I decided to once again go off the wagon and feed my addiction for another Kimber. I now own a Compact Stainless ll. I really like the balance that the shorter compact grips gives with the 4" barrel.
I added a magwell and changed the grip from the factory rubber to G10 grips. I was able to make a short trip to the range during lunch the other day and it performed great. Can't wait to really give it a try next weekend when I can take it our for a full workout.

I also went ahead and made a holster for it. It has a blue ostrich leg insert that I think goes great with the black and blue G10 grips.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
38,337 Posts
I don't know whether to say the gun compliments the holster or the holster compliments the gun. Beautiful.

·
Registered
11,761 Posts
That is sweet! My wife was particularly impressed by the blue matching between the gun and the holster.

Reactions: wolf1956

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
Very nice - gun & holster. Are those the original grips?

·
Registered
513 Posts
Sweet! I have a Compact Stainless II and just ordered some Hogue grips for it. Yours looks killer.....

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
That is sweet! My wife was particularly impressed by the blue matching between the gun and the holster.
I actually got lucky on the colors matching. The ostrich leg come already dyed and it just happened to match the grips.

Very nice - gun & holster. Are those the original grips?
I got the blue/black G10 grips on Ebay. The original grips were just black rubber grips and I didn't like them at all.

·
Registered
3,757 Posts
Not Bad At All!!

Nice looking rig!!;);) Your new grips are very close to the ones that I just installed on my Pro Carry II. Are those Hogue grips? Mine are Hogue G-10 Blue Lava. :D:D
Hogue blue Lava Grips on Kimber PC II.JPG

·
Registered
15 Posts
Awesome!! I am looking at getting a compact stainless 2 also. Can I ask where you got the magwell, and was the install easy?

·
Super Moderator
38,337 Posts
Awesome!! I am looking at getting a compact stainless 2 also. Can I ask where you got the magwell, and was the install easy?
Welcome to the forum from northern Illinois.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
It is a Wilson Combat slip on magwell that is held in place by the grips. I got the magwell and grips from the "1911 Grip Guy" store on Ebay. I have added the magwells and grips to almost all my 1911's.
Here is a link to his site.
1911gripguy | eBay

·
Registered
15 Posts
Very cool, thank you for the reply I appreciate it. As soon as I get my compact stainless II I want to add the magwell and some new grips.

·
Registered
11,761 Posts
I purchased a set of grips from the 1911gripguy and love them.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts