Kimber Talk Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just crossed the 1000 round threshold today with my Eclipse. What a fine full-size 1911! Accurate, reliable, and great looking - tough to find anything to gripe about, so I won't! The finish is wearing well and the pistol seems to gobble up anything I feed it by way of factory 230 grain FMJs, which is all I am interested in shooting at this time. Just thought I'd share a brief account of my experiences over the last couple months in case other members are considering an Eclipse Custom II.

Jim

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
Great to hear! I considered an Eclipse at one time - may have to revisit that idea again!

·
Registered
11,761 Posts
Congrats on a good shooting gun.

·
Registered
3,757 Posts
Nice!!!!

It's always nice to hear about a pistol that is behaving!! Now all we need is some pictures of that Eclipse!! We love pictures here!!

Without pictures, Chuck43 does not believe that you even own an Eclipse!! :eek::eek::eek: Please send a pic to make Chuck happy!!!:D:D

·
Registered
3,757 Posts

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Thanks for the Eclipse report. I'm a fan of the matte curves and polished flats look. I'll probably buy an Eclipse in the future.

·
Super Moderator
5,193 Posts
I get a little behind this time of the year. Congrats on your Eclipse. They're beautiful guns!

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thank you for the kind thoughts, everyone!
Jim

·
Registered
5 Posts
Just acquired an Eclipse Custom II and love the look and feel of it. I am not the first owner but it seems nearly pristine and (I know and trust the seller) the round count is about 300 ball and 50 HP without any sort of hiccup. I will post results when I can take it to the range.o

·
Registered
11,761 Posts
Congrats MPD. Welcome to the forum.

·
Super Moderator
38,430 Posts
Welcome to the forum from northern Illinois MPD, congratulations on the new to you Eclipse Custom II.

·
Super Moderator
38,430 Posts
LOL, I like your avatar.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Well, first range visit yesterday. 100 rounds of AE 230 and twenty of Hydra Shock with no hiccups. VG accuracy and ergonomics for me. Think I will love this pistola!

·
Super Moderator
38,430 Posts
Good to hear you had a successful first outing with the Eclipse.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Well, six months down, hundreds (1K+) of rounds through and zero problems. I actually pocket carry this 5" 1911 in a Sticky Holster (ex LEO friend owns the co.) in deep pocketed Cargo shorts here in Fl. I have an XDs sub compact but only switch when other dress is important and I can't conceal the Eclipse. Love it. Has the scratches now to prove it.

·
Registered
11,761 Posts
Love to hear about another happy camper.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts