Kimber Talk Forums banner
1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy all. Old gun guy here, but first Kimber. I just scored a clean, used Ultra CDP II with a lot of extras. I love 1911s. I'd been searching for a really light, compact 1911 for carry duty. I could never daily carry my full sized 1911. I have a Browning 1911-380 Medallion Pro that's stunningly beautiful, but I was really looking for a little more firepower than the 380 provides. I shopped hard, but somehow just kept finding myself back at the Kimber Ultra lineup. It just ticked all the right boxes for me. I haven't gotten to take it shooting yet, but I don't expect to be disappointed. I also expect I'll make a few mods to it. My gunsmithing skills are pretty good. Mine is a 9mm model. Anyway, I'm sure this forum will prove to be a valuable knowledge base when I start tinkering with my new acquisition.

D Dave

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
Howdy all. Old gun guy here, but first Kimber. I just scored a clean, used Ultra CDP II with a lot of extras. I love 1911s. I'd been searching for a really light, compact 1911 for carry duty. I could never daily carry my full sized 1911. I have a Browning 1911-380 Medallion Pro that's stunningly beautiful, but I was really looking for a little more firepower than the 380 provides. I shopped hard, but somehow just kept finding myself back at the Kimber Ultra lineup. It just ticked all the right boxes for me. I haven't gotten to take it shooting yet, but I don't expect to be disappointed. I also expect I'll make a few mods to it. My gunsmithing skills are pretty good. Mine is a 9mm model. Anyway, I'm sure this forum will prove to be a valuable knowledge base when I start tinkering with my new acquisition.

D Dave
Welcome Dangerous Dave! You've come to the right place. A lot of Kimber knowledge and know how here. Looking forward to a range report on your new Kimber.

·
Registered
15,307 Posts
@Dangerous Dave welcome to the site from Tennessee.

Been a Ultra fanboy since I bought my first one (CDP Ultra .45acp) back in 2013. IMO they need very little "tinkering."
I added green Crimson Trace grips and that's about it.
Air gun Wood Trigger Gun barrel Gun accessory

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Welcome to the forums.
Congrats on the Ultra.
Excellent carry gun.
Shoot it first.
My Ultra is one of the only guns I own that I really didnt feel the need to tinker with.
It's pretty much perfect for carry..
Thanks man. You may be right, but at the very least, enhanced sights are usually high on my priority list, being an old guy. The thing I like best about 1911s (besides their beauty), is that you just make one big hole in the target because you just keep hitting the same spot over and over... But you gotta be able to see the sights, day or night. Lots of good options out there. Range report will be forthcoming. I'm very excited. I've already ordered up a custom OWB two-tone leather holster. Can't wait to get that also.

D Dave

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Welcome to the forums.
Congrats on the Ultra.
Excellent carry gun.
Shoot it first.
My Ultra is one of the only guns I own that I really didnt feel the need to tinker with.
It's pretty much perfect for carry..
You got my vote not one issue & easy to conceal. I upgraded sights to Truglo TFX Pro great for my 71 year old eyes. Now I can see my target @ night.

Attachments

·
Administrator
40,776 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Dimondale, Mi. Dave.

1 - 20 of 63 Posts