Kimber Talk Forums banner
21 - 40 of 63 Posts

Registered
Howdy all. Old gun guy here, but first Kimber. I just scored a clean, used Ultra CDP II with a lot of extras. I love 1911s. I'd been searching for a really light, compact 1911 for carry duty. I could never daily carry my full sized 1911. I have a Browning 1911-380 Medallion Pro that's stunningly beautiful, but I was really looking for a little more firepower than the 380 provides. I shopped hard, but somehow just kept finding myself back at the Kimber Ultra lineup. It just ticked all the right boxes for me. I haven't gotten to take it shooting yet, but I don't expect to be disappointed. I also expect I'll make a few mods to it. My gunsmithing skills are pretty good. Mine is a 9mm model. Anyway, I'm sure this forum will prove to be a valuable knowledge base when I start tinkering with my new acquisition.

D Dave
Welcome from northern Indiana enjoy the conversation.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
My favorite upgrade on the CDPs over a standard Ultra Carry, is the front strap and under trigger checkering. It makes a world of difference in securing the pistol, for me.
That was a big reason I picked the CDP. Ultra was too smooth and Raptor was too coarse. I loved the fine checkering on the front strap. I do wish it had the speed bump on the beavertail. I could probably retrofit one.

D Dave

Registered
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
Picked it up this morning from the FFL. It came with a ton of extras. I got six mags total, three sets of grips, an extra recoil spring assembly of unknown condition or origin, original case and manual. Gonna go shoot it here in a bit.

Kitchen appliance Cuisine Automotive exterior Cooking Gas

Blue Air gun Trigger Wood Gun barrel

Hard to believe those extra-long, genuine Kimber mags are NOT +1. The one with fewer viewing holes will take one more if you push hard, but that seems like begging for a malfunction. It makes a poor pinkie-rest, so what's the point? Anyway, gonna take it to the range after I split a little firewood. Supposed to get below zero here Friday. 馃檮 I'll report after trying it out.

D Dave

Registered
Congrats! Pretty sure thats going to be a factory Kimber recoil spring assembly, looks new but? Never understood adding a magwell to an Ultra but you may like it. Enjoy!

Reactions: stockmaker

Registered
Picked it up this morning from the FFL. It came with a ton of extras. I got six mags total, three sets of grips, an extra recoil spring assembly of unknown condition or origin, original case and manual. Gonna go shoot it here in a bit.

View attachment 128647
View attachment 128646

Hard to believe those extra-long, genuine Kimber mags are NOT +1. The one with fewer viewing holes will take one more if you push hard, but that seems like begging for a malfunction. It makes a poor pinkie-rest, so what's the point? Anyway, gonna take it to the range after I split a little firewood. Supposed to get below zero here Friday. 馃檮 I'll report after trying it out.

D Dave
Looks like an awesome deal! Nice find!馃憤

Registered
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
Quick question. Getting ready to head to the range and figured I'd better take it down and do a quick inspection. Who knows when it was last oiled. Pretty clean inside. The spare recoil assembly looks unused with no wear marks. But I notice the one installed has a yellow paint mark at the end of the spring, the spare does not. Anybody know if maybe one of those is factory and the other an aftermarket?
TIA,

D Dave
Fluid Finger Thumb Bicycle fork Liquid

21 - 40 of 63 Posts