Kimber Talk Forums banner
21 - 40 of 48 Posts

Registered
It really is a nice shooting pistol. It looks meaner than it handles. 馃榾
And very accurate!
Mine is a .45 ACP so a little different. The Micro 9mm is surprisingly easy to shoot as far as recoil goes for such a small gun. So I'd imagine the Ultra in 9mm would be even easier to shoot.
Nice grab!

Registered
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Congratulations, I think the Ultra is the best model Kimber makes.
I've been playing with it all afternoon. Had it apart a couple times. Ordered that little takedown tool for it as the supplied little wire kinda sucks (are you listening Kimber?). I wonder... how easy is it to take down without compressing the spring? I think I may try that for shits and grins. So far I'm happy with the quality of build.. absolutely love the trigger. I was expecting it to rack heavier with the 16# recoil spring but it doesn't seem that heavy. I've racked about 150 times so far...probably do it 150 more or so before I take it out and shoot the snot out of it. I did that to my Micro 9 and it's glass smooth. So far I'm really liking this little sweetie.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Congratulations. You finally broke down & got your Ultra. Enjoy it鈥檚 a nice shooting pistol. Happy & health new year to you
Thanks buddy ..heading to Florida in a couple of weeks.. I'll get in touch when we're settled in. Maybe we can hook up.

Registered
I never use the take down tool.
Bring the slide all the way back and engage the slide stop. Then hold the slide in place with your right hand, release the slide stop and slowly allow the slide to come forward to the half moon groove and hold it there. Push the slide stop out with your left hand.
It might take some practice to find the sweet spot. Once you do, you'll find it every time.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
It really is a nice shooting pistol. It looks meaner than it handles. 馃榾
And very accurate!
Mine is a .45 ACP so a little different. The Micro 9mm is surprisingly easy to shoot as far as recoil goes for such a small gun. So I'd imagine the Ultra in 9mm would be even easier to shoot.
Nice grab!
Thanks! I don't find the Micro 9 all that bad to shoot either. I've learned to embrace recoil. The Ultra weighs an additional 9-1/2 ounces so I'm pretty sure it'll be pretty smooth shooting. The trigger is exceptional. I was shooting my daughter's boyfriends Springfield DX over the holiday along with my Shield Plus... didn't feel that much difference. I liked the feel of that little Springfield.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
I never use the take down tool.
Bring the slide all the way back and engage the slide stop. Then hold the slide in place with your right hand, release the slide stop and slowly allow the slide to come forward to the half moon groove and hold it there. Push the slide stop out with your left hand.
It might take some practice to find the sweet spot. Once you do, you'll find it every time.
I'm guessing it's pretty much like the Micro 9 then? That's how I take it down.

Registered
My Ultra has a pretty nice trigger.
My Micro 9, I installed a trigger reduction spring kit on. And installed a skeletonized ss trigger (for a Sig p938).
Take up is almost nothing and trigger pull is very light and crisp. I love it! It has to be the best trigger I've personally felt on a pistol.

Registered
@Argee Congrats on the Ultra. Your down a rabbit hole you can't get out of. I bought my Stainless Ultra 9mm used for 600 bucks turned out to be a great buy on my part. I added a Crimson Trace red laser grip I had collecting dust in the parts bin.
Wood Everyday carry Gun accessory Air gun Gun barrel

Registered
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
@Argee Congrats on the Ultra. Your down a rabbit hole you can't get out of. I bought my Stainless Ultra 9mm used for 600 bucks turned out to be a great buy on my part. I added a Crimson Trace red laser grip I had collecting dust in the parts bin.
Thanks! It's a rabbit hole with a great view and I'm enjoying the ride!

Registered
Always been partial to the simple two tone models, and that would match my Custom II, micro & micro 9. But your stainless sure is NICE! Lookin for a 45. Guess I鈥檒l just have to get one in 45 and the other in a 9!!! No problems there!
Exactly what I've been doing. If one in .45 is 'good', then another in 9mm is just 'interesting', not to mention FUN!.

Some of my EDC two-tones in varying flavors. :) (The Aegis Elite Custom OI is strictly a range and truck (coyote) gun.)

21 - 40 of 48 Posts