Kimber Talk Forums banner
41 - 48 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
Always been partial to the simple two tone models, and that would match my Custom II, micro & micro 9. But your stainless sure is NICE! Lookin for a 45. Guess I’ll just have to get one in 45 and the other in a 9!!! No problems there!
I like how you think.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
I canceled the little takedown tool. I've taken it down a dozen or so times same as I do the Micro 9. It's actually easier as the guide rod bushing contains the spring. Thanks again @dgf46 for that tip!

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
Had it out for it's maiden voyage today.. put 50 rounds of 115g FMF downrange. Had one FTE in the first mag... ran flawless from then on. It was shooting a little left, but that could be me. I'm going to run some 124 grain thru it when I get in Florida and see how it runs them. The recoil impulse is very manageable. I like the feel and fit.

·
Registered
14,879 Posts
I did a short VIDEO on taking down the Ultra without the paper clip provided by Kimber.

Is this how others are doing it?
I've been using the NDZ Performance tool to take down my Ultra's since 2014. I find it easier.
I do use the Kimber paper clips when removing the slides to install the rimfire conversion kits cause I have a bunch of them and can leave in place, I put a rubber band around the slide/barrel and just set them in the safe.

41 - 48 of 48 Posts