Kimber Talk Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Super Moderator
38,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a reminder the NASCAR All Star Race is tonight.

·
Super Moderator
38,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's always a good race, even team mates will pound on each other, no points are involved tonight it's strictly money $1,000,000.00.

·
Registered
11,761 Posts
After 500 miles they'll end up exactly where they started. Meh.

Reactions: MPO Southy and GiGi

·
Super Moderator
38,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Not tonight the race's distance is 90 laps, 135 miles and is separated into four segments of 20 laps and a final 10 lap run to the finish. The winner ends up at the bank with $1,000,000.00.

·
Registered
11,761 Posts
Sprints. Balls to the walls.

Reactions: GiGi and Chickadee

·
Super Moderator
38,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Every man for himself, teams and team mates are forgotten tonight, no individual or team points.

·
Super Moderator
38,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You got that one right, LOL.

·
Registered
11,761 Posts
With the safety features in the cars and on the drivers, not to mention the track modification after Dale's death, I can understand why fans like or at least enjoy crashes.

·
Super Moderator
38,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Tighten your seat belts people the first race of the night is about to begin.

·
Super Moderator
38,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I don't know if anybody is awake and watching but the first segment is over. I think I can stay awake until the end, I've got the bourbon but I might be short on munchies.

·
Super Moderator
38,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Segment 2 is over and the good news is I found some popcorn I forgot I bought the last time the grand kids were here so I made some. I gave some to the dogs so they're not too pissed at me for not taking them out yet.

·
Registered
643 Posts
Okay...so enlighten me. I love high speed....and driving a hot car but driving an oval for hours on end just doesn't do it for me. What is it that draws you in????

·
Super Moderator
38,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Okay...so enlighten me. I love high speed....and driving a hot car but driving an oval for hours on end just doesn't do it for me. What is it that draws you in????
I don't know, I've been into cars all my life. Have you ever seen a picture of my 47 year old baby, I built her back in 1967.

Reactions: GiGi

·
Super Moderator
38,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Segment 3 is finished, 1 more segment to go then the dash to the finish.

·
Registered
643 Posts
I don't know, I've been into cars all my life. Have you ever seen a picture of my 47 year old baby, I built her back in 1967.

She is a beauty!! That still doesn't help me understand what is so awesome about watching cars go round and round on the same track for hours on end. What is so exciting about that???

·
Super Moderator
38,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
She is a beauty!! That still doesn't help me understand what is so awesome about watching cars go round and round on the same track for hours on end. What is so exciting about that???
I could say it's a lot more exciting then watching a bunch of overpaid guys standing around scratching their butts waiting for another overpaid over weight guy to try and hit a ball past them but I won't. It's the technology and engineering in the cars they're racing that fascinates me. Many of these cars are capable of exceeding 200 MPH on the race track. Do you have any idea of what it takes for an engine to be able to hit 9,000 rpm lap after lap for 500 miles? Have you seen a car flip 3 times in the air then travel a 1/4 mile on it's roof at speeds over 140 MPH and the driver gets out and walks away? Maybe it's a guy thing, but I enjoy it. I also enjoy women but I can't explain them either.

·
Super Moderator
38,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
OK, I got tied up responding to GiGi's post but they've finished the 4th segment and are into the dash to the finish and Jamie McMurray has just won the all star race.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts