Kimber Talk Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
hi yall.. need help with rifle id.. i have alot of guns but kind of a noob on Kimber rifles.. mostly collect ww2 surplus guns and am in phx az

im working on some orig pix now but the exact gun SAME SN sold at auction years ago with the description ..

DescriptionKimber Model 82 Super Continental Bolt Action Rifle. Cal. 22LR. S# 53084SLR. Bbl. 19 3/4", marked "Kimber of Oregon Inc. Clackamas, Oregon, U.S.A.". Checkered steel buttplate w/ widow's peak. Sculptured steel grip cap. 2 leaf bbl. mounted rear sight. Front sight & nosecap very similar to a Ruger RSI. Full length Mannlicher stock w/ 2 screw swivel bases. European style, butter knife bolt handle w/ underside having an oval, checkered panel. Warne bases & vertical split, lever rings w/& Leupold 4x rimfire scope w/ Duplex reticle. Made only on special order from factory. Introduced 1987. CONDITION: Appears new in all respects w/ barely discernable, minor handling marks on stock. (10-0107/NW) MODERN. $1500-1800

Attachments

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
that auction was from 2010
Poulin's Antiques & Auctions, Inc.
1 / 4

Kimber Model 82 Super Continental Rifle. Cal. 22LR

Click Main Image For Fullscreen Mode

Price Realized2,340.00 USD
Date Sold3/14/2010

·
Registered
14,348 Posts
What exactly do you want to know? The link from the 2010 auction is pretty complete looks like to me.
Even enlarged the pics are no help....

Reactions: chadaz34

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What exactly do you want to know? The link from the 2010 auction is pretty complete looks like to me.
Even enlarged the pics are no help....
the auction says Kimber Model 82 Super Continental Bolt Action Rifle ... i see no marking on this gun to indicate that... and i don't see that in the blue book.. is that indeed what this gun is.. the serial number is long as if its part of the regular run.. a lot of the rare guns have a short number.. cheers

·
Registered
14,348 Posts
We can't tell from the pictures you posted or at least I can't get them to enlarge? But it should have stamped on the barrel "Kimber Model 82" and may also have Super Continental not sure about that part, should also have caliber and Kimber of Oregon, Clackamas Oregon stamped on barrel.
Need better up close pics.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
We can't tell from the pictures you posted or at least I can't get them to enlarge? But it should have stamped on the barrel "Kimber Model 82" and may also have Super Continental not sure about that part, should also have caliber and Kimber of Oregon, Clackamas Oregon stamped on barrel.
thanks bud im working on some current pix.. cheers

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks bud im working on some current pix.. cheers

Attachments

·
Registered
14,348 Posts
Well, looks like it is stamped like I thought. Kimber M82 Cal. .22lr Clackamas Or. and serial number. I believe a lot of older Kimber records were lost in a fire. But if you call customer service and give them the serial number you may get information when the rifle was made?

I don't know what other information you want to know? I think the sale link you posted is accurate and contains about all the information that is available. I've not seen very many with the full wood stock. Being that it is a Clack made rifle it is desirable and may be collectable to certain people.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well, looks like it is stamped like I thought. Kimber M82 Cal. .22lr Clackamas Or. and serial number. I believe a lot of older Kimber records were lost in a fire. But if you call customer service and give them the serial number you may get information when the rifle was made?

I don't know what other information you want to know? I think the sale link you posted is accurate and contains about all the information that is available. I've not seen very many with the full wood stock. Being that it is a Clack made rifle it is desirable and may be collectable to certain people.
yes i want to sell or trade the gun and i didn't want to mislead anybody.. can you guess a ballpark value.. i was gonna put it on gun broker.. i collect w2 stuff was thinking about starting it at 1250$ does this sound reasonable.. if you have a guess

·
Registered
14,348 Posts
That sounds like a reasonable starting point to me. A few years ago I paid a good amount more than $1,250 for a M82, that was not a Clack rifle.
My advice is take some better, high resolution photo's to go with your GunBroker ad.
Air gun Trigger Wood Shotgun Gun barrel

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
That sounds like a reasonable starting point to me. A few years ago I paid a good amount more than $1,250 for a M82, that was not a Clack rifle.
My advice is take some better, high resolution photo's to go with your GunBroker ad. View attachment 126972
will do .. thanks for your help.. i dont think i can list for sale on this sight because im a new member

·
Registered
14,348 Posts
Yes, you can. Well you may have to have 20 posts or something like that.

@Chuck, Islander what's the word on that?

·
Administrator
38,881 Posts
It was just recently changed Arland, I'm trying to remember if it's 10 or 15 posts.

Reactions: chadaz34

·
Registered
14,348 Posts
Well the OP only has 8 so he can increase that easy enough if he wants to.

I said 20 because I think that's the magic number over on 1911Addicts and it's the same software and I assume same rules.

Well we all know the OP needs to make more posts and allow us to get to know him better before anyone would purchase from him. Cause we are more like family than a forum.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
The problem with this is ..
This is the only Kimber gun i own..
I collect ww2 stuff and ww2 guns so now i have to go make 12 benign comments on things i have no knowledge of or interest in..
with all due respect
its just a shell game

·
Registered
14,348 Posts
Well, not joining in is YOUR CHOICE! If you haven't noticed almost all of KT members love and appreciate all types of firearms, new, old, WWI, WWII, etc.

If you don't mind me asking how did you end up with a loan Kimber rifle?

Let us know if you list it on GunBroker!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Well, not joining in is YOUR CHOICE! If you haven't noticed almost all of KT members love and appreciate all types of firearms, new, old, WWI, WWII, etc.

If you don't mind me asking how did you end up with a loan Kimber rifle?

Let us know if you list it on GunBroker!
i got it from a friend that got it in an estate sale.. i just like ww2 stuff.. my grandfather was a navy carrier piolet.. i was in the 3rd ranger btn

Attachments

1 - 19 of 19 Posts