Kimber Talk Forums banner
21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
@dbell54 Those dirty rotten bastards! I dare they not sending you free O-rings...

Sell all your Kimber's for .50 cents on the dollar and give them the finger, to hell with them!
I'm not getting rid of this one; it's paid for and works OK as long as I don't load more than 6 rds in the 7rd mag. I'll just never buy another Kimber. It was the CS lady's snotty attitude that really set me off.

·
Registered
1,906 Posts
No, I'd never had the grips off since they sent it back until I removed them and found the damaged o-rings. .
Right.
So after they replaced another companies $300 laser grips in record time, you will bash them and abandon their entire product line because they wont give you .50 cent rubber O rings?

Does that, in any way, seem logical to you?

Do you think anyone reading your posts thinks that is a reasonable line of thought?

Cuz that sounds dumb as fuck to me.

·
Registered
3,251 Posts
  • o-rings if tightened too much, will get damaged. Add just half a pinhead of lube to the rings. Wipe excess off.
  • why are your batteries dead already?
  • never had a problem buying o-rings bulk from HD, Lowes, etc.
  • I’ve got orig batteries in most of my CT lasers for years and they are still good. But you can’t expect them to last long if you’re teasing your cat with the laser.
  • Buy a CT laser from CT direct and get a lifetime of free batteries by just asking.
  • not all Kimber CS personnel are nice. Mileage may vary. Years ago, some of the finish was wearing off the grip safety and trigger within the first week. They basically told me to stuff it.
  • Don’t want probs with Kimber. Buy NH and be part of their family. Then if a prob, you can complain. But they will kiss your ass in the middle of Main St to make you happy.

Burp!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: bad ninja

·
Registered
14,434 Posts
Kimber does not furnish O-rings for grip screws on new in box pistols so no surprise they wouldn't send you any o-rings for free. They are more of a useable, (may last from one removal or fifty) maintenance, owner supplied item. So I wouldn't be butt hurt over o rings.

·
Registered
14,434 Posts
I'm not getting rid of this one; it's paid for and works OK as long as I don't load more than 6 rds in the 7rd mag. I'll just never buy another Kimber. It was the CS lady's snotty attitude that really set me off.
Bhahah, dumbest response to snotty CS I've ever heard.

It's not "OK" if you can only load 6 rds in a 7 round magazine. It was designed for 7. Anything less would not be ok in my book.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Got my 5" LW back from the factory. It had Challis washers under the screws.
I bought mine from Challis and have no regrets.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Bhahah, dumbest response to snotty CS I've ever heard.

It's not "OK" if you can only load 6 rds in a 7 round magazine. It was designed for 7. Anything less would not be ok in my book.
Last time I checked, lots of people were having the 7th round problem. When I sent it back to Kimber with that complaint, they tinkered with it and replaced the mag, to no avail. Now I have 4 Kimber mags and a modded Sig; they all do it. Since the piece is VERY comfortable to carry concealed, and since the 7rd mag fits me better than the 6rd, I figure what the heck. 6+1 on tap and 12 more in 2 spares that work reliably is good enough for me.

·
Registered
16 Posts
  • o-rings if tightened too much, will get damaged. Add just half a pinhead of lube to the rings. Wipe excess off.
  • why are your batteries dead already?
  • never had a problem buying o-rings bulk from HD, Lowes, etc.
  • I’ve got orig batteries in most of my CT lasers for years and they are still good. But you can’t expect them to last long if you’re teasing your cat with the laser.
  • Buy a CT laser from CT direct and get a lifetime of free batteries by just asking.
  • not all Kimber CS personnel are nice. Mileage may vary. Years ago, some of the finish was wearing off the grip safety and trigger within the first week. They basically told me to stuff it.
  • Don’t want probs with Kimber. Buy NH and be part of their family. Then if a prob, you can complain. But they will kiss your ass in the middle of Main St to make you happy.

Burp!

I didn't overtighten the screws, Kimber did. That's why I felt I had a complaint.

The batteries weren't dead, CT gives you new ones every year for the asking. They are the ones recommending changing every year, altho I actually go longer.

Who or what is NH?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Right.
So after they replaced another companies $300 laser grips in record time, you will bash them and abandon their entire product line because they wont give you .50 cent rubber O rings?

Does that, in any way, seem logical to you?

Do you think anyone reading your posts thinks that is a reasonable line of thought?

Cuz that sounds dumb as fuck to me.
It's not the .50, it's the principle. If they'd said they're a buck apiece and .55 postage, I would've said OK. But 5.95 shipping was the last straw. That's about 8.50 clear profit to rectify THEIR mistake.

·
Registered
3,251 Posts
I didn't overtighten the screws, Kimber did. That's why I felt I had a complaint.

The batteries weren't dead, CT gives you new ones every year for the asking. They are the ones recommending changing every year, altho I actually go longer.

Who or what is NH?
Nighthawk Customs.

Reactions: Chuck43

·
Registered
1,906 Posts
It's not the .50, it's the principle. If they'd said they're a buck apiece and .55 postage, I would've said OK. But 5.95 shipping was the last straw. That's about 8.50 clear profit to rectify THEIR mistake.
Let me get this straight..
please let me know which fact I get wrong.

1. You waited a year after you got it back to even bother inspecting the gun, which was clearly beyond the warranty expiration date.

2. A tiny rubber o ring is a wearable part that could have been damaged by cleaning solvents over that year long period when you didn't inspect your gun.

3. Those O rings aren't Kimbers parts. They are part of the $300 Crimson Trace Grips.....which they already replaced by your own post.

So....on the "principal" that kimber didn't extend their warranty beyond the agreed time period, in order to replace Crimson Trace's O-rings for free you are bashing them?

You aren't convincing anyone of anything, except that you expect Kimber to service another companies product when it is beyond their stated warranty period.

Still sounds dumb as fuck to me, because its another companies product and beyond the warranty date.

Did I miss anything?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Let me get this straight..
please let me know which fact I get wrong.

1. You waited a year after you got it back to even bother inspecting the gun, which was clearly beyond the warranty expiration date.

2. A tiny rubber o ring is a wearable part that could have been damaged by cleaning solvents over that year long period when you didn't inspect your gun.

3. Those O rings aren't Kimbers parts. They are part of the $300 Crimson Trace Grips.....which they already replaced by your own post.

So....on the "principal" that kimber didn't extend their warranty beyond the agreed time period, in order to replace Crimson Trace's O-rings for free you are bashing them?

You aren't convincing anyone of anything, except that you expect Kimber to service another companies product when it is beyond their stated warranty period.

Still sounds dumb as fuck to me, because its another companies product and beyond the warranty date.

Did I miss anything?
Wow! This has really got you worked up! Do you own Kimber stock or something? Kimber sold me the CT grips, which I'm sure they got their mark-up on. I'm also sure they sent the defective ones back to CT for a refund, so they weren't doing me a special favor. Do you remove the grips from your pistols on a weekly basis? The o-rings, I have discovered, are $6.99 for 24 at Brownell's. I bet Kimber pays less than that. So they could have sold me 4 for $4.55 and made money and we wouldn't be here getting you all agitated.

·
Registered
14,434 Posts
I think the point Ninja and some of us are trying to make is we all want your pistol to function properly for you but none of us have sympathy for your complaint of not getting free o-rings and for you to claim you will never buy another Kimber because of it is stupid!

·
Registered
1,906 Posts
Wow! This has really got you worked up! Do you own Kimber stock or something? Kimber sold me the CT grips, which I'm sure they got their mark-up on. I'm also sure they sent the defective ones back to CT for a refund, so they weren't doing me a special favor. Do you remove the grips from your pistols on a weekly basis? The o-rings, I have discovered, are $6.99 for 24 at Brownell's. I bet Kimber pays less than that. So they could have sold me 4 for $4.55 and made money and we wouldn't be here getting you all agitated.

Nah..I just hang out in Kimber forums. 🤣

Worked up?
I'm not the one bashing a $1000+ gun over replacing another companies torn $.50 o-ring when it's clearly out of warranty.

Those grips run about $300. Kimber discounted them for you when you bought the pistol. They actually did you a favor by covering CTs product under Kimber's warranty.
In retrospect, they probably should have sent you to CT.

Yes, I take the grips off every time I clean my gun because I'm not a lazy fucker, and I actually shoot, carry, and depend on my gun to protect me and my family.
I also clean and inspect my firearms after I shoot them.
Don't you?

All this Drama over a CT O ring you could source locally from a hardware store for less than the price of a postage stamp.

·
Registered
4,032 Posts
So they could have sold me 4 for $4.55 and made money and we wouldn't be here getting you all agitated.
I'll resist the urge to pile on... but you could have purchased Danco #60 10-pack from Amazon for $2.92 delivered and saved yourself a dollar and all the grief.

Despite disagreeing with all your fussing at Kimber, I think you've held up remarkably well to the piling on. Kinda reminds me of ShortFuse. He got off to a similar rough start but is now a regular contributor here.

Consider this thread an initiation. Welcome!

Gadget Font Rectangle Communication Device Metal

·
Registered
16 Posts
I'll resist the urge to pile on... but you could have purchased Danco #60 10-pack from Amazon for $2.92 delivered and saved yourself a dollar and all the grief.

Despite disagreeing with all your fussing at Kimber, I think you've held up remarkably well to the piling on. Kinda reminds me of ShortFuse. He got off to a similar rough start but is now a regular contributor here.

Consider this thread an initiation. Welcome!

View attachment 127140
Thanks for the words of encouragement. Now that I know they're available, I'll just wait until my next Brownell's order and get the correct ones. $7 for 2 dozen ain't bad. I had assumed that it was a Kimber exclusive. Had I known, I would have already got them from Brownell's and saved myself (and some of you out there) some grief.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Thanks for the words of encouragement. Now that I know they're available, I'll just wait until my next Brownell's order and get the correct ones. $7 for 2 dozen ain't bad. I had assumed that it was a Kimber exclusive. Had I known, I would have already got them from Brownell's and saved myself (and some of you out there) some grief.
Don't need to wait..
Go to Ace or Home Depot..
I just got 10

Attachments

·
Registered
16 Posts
Don't need to wait..
Go to Ace or Home Depot..
I just got 10
I looked at the #60s already. They are thicker and while some folks apparently have no problem with them, others say that they make the screws stand proud. Since I get stuff from Brownell's all the time, I'll just hold out for the real deal. But thanks for posting. In a SHTF situation, #60s would be a go-to.

21 - 38 of 38 Posts