Kimber Talk Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Boredom due to the Pandemic and a long lasting shoulder injury has forced me to pick up new hobbies. I've been wanting to buy a new pistol for concealed carry for years. So I finally did. That turned into three new pistols in as many months!
I now have a full size PX4 Storm for practice. A micro 9 for spring/summer carry. And a Ultra Carry II (45) for
fall/winter carry.

Wood Trigger Gun barrel Air gun Gun accessory

I've always been a huge fan of the 1911 platform. I absolutely love the Kimbers!
The Beretta is fun to shoot. The rotating barrel design is really different. Very little recoil or muzzle flip.

·
Registered
2,305 Posts
Nice!
You've pretty much got it covered 'basically'. Now you 'need' a Pro model, and then of course a base gun, full size 1911 in .45 of course. Don't laugh, you'll have them eventually, just wait and see. Seen it happen myself. (grin)

·
Registered
2,995 Posts
Dunno, for some reason I keep buying full size ones I'll never want to carry...

·
Registered
2,305 Posts
Dunno, for some reason I keep buying full size ones I'll never want to carry...
Bear, that's why they call them "range guns". Shoot much, carry little or none.

I've got five inchers in both nine and .45, same for my two 4" Pro's. But they're all for the range....my Ultra's are THE carry pieces. Besides, it gives me multiple excuses to buy more to fill various "needs" (aka: Wants)

I'll admit that I use my Clackamas Custom Classic (5") .45 a lot when I'm out driving in the outback here. It's been used many times out the truck window for coyotes. But it seldom ever gets actually carried, more like 'resting' on my truck console in her rug just waiting for the next chance of opportunity.

·
Registered
2,995 Posts
Actually, now I think about it, I may have worn the big Super Carry Custom to my sissinlaw's wedding...

Reactions: Chuck43

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the replies.
I'll definitely be buying more :)
I really like the Ultra so far. They're all fun guns to shoot. The Ultra is surprisingly comfortable and easy to conceal with a lot of forward cant. Without the forward cant, the sharp end on the mainspring housing sticks out a lot. I carry at 3:30 - 4.

·
Registered
14,638 Posts
Nice trio. Your conceal carrying the PX4?
My addiction started with a Ultra, just FYI.

·
Registered
2,995 Posts
I was considering a PX4 Storm for Mrs. Bear to carry back when she still went anywhere, because she loves her Walther so much but it's about as reliable as an old Yugo. Before we got around to it she got a remote job, and now if she's concerned she just takes her Pico. Oh well. So it goes.

Reactions: Jflytle

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I really wanted the compact model px4. Nobody had them in stock by me at the time. It's a very nice shooting gun. I like it a lot! Not a fan of polymer frames. The plastic grip on the px4s are terrible imo. The rubber finger groove stretch grip makes a big difference.
The main reason I bought it was to teach my wife how to use a pistol. I'm trying to convince her to get her concealed carry license. I wanted to get her a .380 but ammo is scarce and expensive. So 9mm it is if she decides to go for it.
We'll see.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
I am considering rounding off my Ultra Carry II butt end and msh a little. I think even a small amount would make an improvement in how well it conceals. I'm pretty crafty and I'm confident I can pull it off. I'll carry it as is for now. Maybe I'll change my mind.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts