Kimber Talk Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been hovering for awhile as I have had a Pro Carry since pre Y2K kept in the nightstand. Recently picked up a beauty of a RCP II for carry and figured was time to join in on the fun. Now just have to find a nice IWB holster since my go to Tulster doesn't make for these guys.

Here are my Kimbers.

Brown Air gun Trigger Wood Gun barrel

Air gun Trigger Wood Gun barrel Revolver

Air gun Trigger Wood Gun barrel Wood stain

Green Air gun Trigger Wood Wood stain

·
Registered
2,305 Posts
Love the RCP! Wish it was still a catalog item.

As for a holster, give Milt Sparks a look-see. I've got one for every model of Kimber I carry, all IWB. My three Ultra's get carried the most in a MS VM-2. Not cheap, but high quality never is, and the wait time is very much worth it.

MS Versamax II with one of my Ultra's on the right, Adams Leatherworks on the left holding my Micro 9:

Another high quality maker is Privateer Leather. Another small shop making high quality rigs for those who want quality over run of the mill holsters. This one is for my Browning Hi-Power:

The workmanship is obvious:

If you carry daily, you'll want the best you can find. These two makers get very high marks, but you can certainly pay less (and get less) if that matters.
Welcome aboard!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Love the RCP! Wish it was still a catalog item.

As for a holster, give Milt Sparks a look-see. I've got one for every model of Kimber I carry, all IWB. My three Ultra's get carried the most in a MS VM-2. Not cheap, but high quality never is, and the wait time is very much worth it.

MS Versamax II with one of my Ultra's on the right, Adams Leatherworks on the left holding my Micro 9:

Another high quality maker is Privateer Leather. Another small shop making high quality rigs for those who want quality over run of the mill holsters. This one is for my Browning Hi-Power:

The workmanship is obvious:

If you carry daily, you'll want the best you can find. These two makers get very high marks, but you can certainly pay less (and get less) if that matters.
Welcome aboard!
Thanks those look killer will def check them out. I have always used kydex in the past for the rigidity and the fact I can add a wing since I need that handle tucked on me. How rigid is the path to the back beltloop?

Thanks all for the welcome got a lot of good older information on here to go thru and get caught up on.

·
Registered
2,305 Posts
I have always used kydex in the past for the rigidity and the fact I can add a wing since I need that handle tucked on me. How rigid is the path to the back beltloop?
Not a fan of the fine finish remover known as Kydex, but it shines for military and/or duty applications. I screwed up the finish on a nice Combat Commander using one years ago. All leather for me and most professionals I'm acquainted with.

But not sure I understand your question (wing?), but these leather rigs are certainly rigid in all respects. These holsters are purposely designed to hold the weapon very close to the body, and they do that by means of rigidity. With all rigs shown, I can wear any of my guns without printing with an untucked t-shirt, even that BHP.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Not a fan of the fine finish remover known as Kydex, but it shines for military and/or duty applications. I screwed up the finish on a nice Combat Commander using one years ago. All leather for me and most professionals I'm acquainted with.

But not sure I understand your question (wing?), but these leather rigs are certainly rigid in all respects. These holsters are purposely designed to hold the weapon very close to the body, and they do that by means of rigidity. With all rigs shown, I can wear any of my guns without printing with an untucked t-shirt, even that BHP.
On the Tulster they call it a sidekick basically its a wedge to push the butt closer into the body like in these
Handgun holster Personal protective equipment Gun accessory Starting pistol Fashion accessory

Based on what you are saying though sounds like that may not be needed. I agree on the leather vs kydex and def don't want to put my new baby in anything that's going to abuse it. May put in a order on one of those MS just will have to find something to carry with in the meantime.

Welcome to the forum from SW Florida
Hey, hope u enjoying the sun today.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Welcome from Boynton Beach Fl. Here is a pic of my Ultra in a Milt Sparks SS 2. Very comfortable. They have these in stock for $145. Non stock you will have a 6 month wait. Ordered the belt 3 more months to go. In the meantime you can use any belt. Good luck & enjoy your new toy.

Attachments

·
Registered
554 Posts

·
Registered
14,638 Posts
Welcome to the site from Tennessee. I love my RCP Ultra. I added a Green Crimson Trace grip to mine.
Green Font Terrestrial plant Personal protective equipment Sleeve

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Welcome from Boynton Beach Fl. Here is a pic of my Ultra in a Milt Sparks SS 2. Very comfortable. They have these in stock for $145. Non stock you will have a 6 month wait. Ordered the belt 3 more months to go. In the meantime you can use any belt. Good luck & enjoy your new toy.
Thanks for the pics I don't think that design will tuck the butt of the pistol properly with my body shape. I think I am gonna order one of the MS others just need to grapple with the 23 week wait time. In the meantime since I want to carry this puppy I just ordered this - https://www.giholsters.com/product-p/g23000.htm saw mention of it on here that offers leather-lined kydex with a wedge. Hopefully, that will work out till the other gets made.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Thanks for the pics I don't think that design will tuck the butt of the pistol properly with my body shape. I think I am gonna order one of the MS others just need to grapple with the 23 week wait time. In the meantime since I want to carry this puppy I just ordered this - https://www.giholsters.com/product-p/g23000.htm saw mention of it on here that offers leather-lined kydex with a wedge. Hopefully, that will work out till the other gets made.
Check out the Desantis super fly fits in your pocket or just stick in your waist band

Attachments

·
Registered
79 Posts
Brown Liver Wood Leather Fashion accessory

Handgun holster Sleeve Wood Everyday carry Personal protective equipment

Not a fan of pocket holsters but on those rare occasions when one is required, the Sam Andrews version shown here with my S&W 442 is an excellent choice. Been carrying this one for nearly 20 years.
Don‘t particularly dig IWB stuff either, but for my Micro 9 this totally bespoke horsehide holster by C. Rusty Sherrick is well worth the cost and wait.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts