Kimber Talk Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, just found this forum and glad to be a part of it! I only own one Kimber, a 15 year old Custom that has seen thousands of rounds through it. Only had 2 malfunction in the first 50 rounds, and then one years later when I was qualifying for my CCW! Go figure! To qualify the range said factory ammo only so I was shooting 200 gr Mag Tec SWC and had one jam on the feed ramp, I was embarassed. Did a clearance drill and finished the course and the RO just grinned!

·
Registered
11,761 Posts
Well done.

Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
11,761 Posts
Hey, Byrd, how about a picture of your Kimber?

·
Super Moderator
38,416 Posts
Welcome to the forum from northern Illinois Byrd.

·
Registered
14,040 Posts
Byrd, welcome to the site from Tennessee!

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
Welcome from Colorado, neighbor!

·
Registered
3,757 Posts
Hey Ya'll!

Welcome to the forum from beautiful downtown Monroe, Georgia!!!
MonroeCourthouse.jpg
The Old Walton County Courthouse-Monroe, Georgia

What part of NE Kansas do you call home? I used to live in Grandview, MO, close by the state line. Have brother-in-law that lives in Olathe. :cool::cool:

Send us a photo or two of that legendary Kimber of yours!! We like pictures here!!!! They seem to have a calming effect on us!!!!

Congrats on making it through the CCW qualification. RO should have given you extra points for efficiently dealing with the failure. Quick thinking and even quicker hands!!!:eek::eek::eek:

·
Registered
309 Posts
Welcome from Florida

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Appreciate the welcome! I actually live in Lawrence, only a few minutes from Olathe. I have a Daughter, Son in Law & 3 Grandchildren that live in Olathe.

I will put some pics up of the "legendary" Kimber although I don't know what is legendary about it other than it is my favorite pistol!

·
Super Moderator
38,416 Posts
I will put some pics up of the "legendary" Kimber although I don't know what is legendary about it other than it is my favorite pistol!
That works for me, let's see it.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
Here are a couple of pics of my "legendary" Kimber. Is is pretty much stock, except for an Ed Brown barrel and the stag grips my wife gave me for my 50th birthday. I suppose you could call it "legendary" because it is a series 70 style without the firing pin block, and I got it NIB for $650 :)

Attachments

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
KU for sure...I live in Lawrence so it it crimson & blue!

·
Registered
3,757 Posts
Appreciate the welcome! I actually live in Lawrence, only a few minutes from Olathe. I have a Daughter, Son in Law & 3 Grandchildren that live in Olathe.

I figure your Kimber became legendary when it slipped you that little hick-up during your CCW qualifying. It gave you the chance to showcase your pistol handling skills. The RO was impressed!!! Hell, I'm impressed!!!;);)

As for KU or MIZZOU (my father-in-law and one of my nephews graduated from MIZZOU), well, I'm a GEORGIA fan!!! HOW 'BOUT THEM DAWGS!!!
UGA.jpg
University of Georgia Mascot: UGA VI

1 - 20 of 27 Posts