Kimber Talk Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Folks,

I've been a shooting enthusiast for a few years. The bug really got me after a 3 year stint in Maine, and participating in a Plate shoot competition at the LL bean Facility.
I'm prior Navy (Bubblehead 6 Years), and currently work as an Electrical Engineer for the US Coast Guard. Yes, Navy to Coast Guard, I take quite a bit of crap trust me.
I joined the IDPA last year at my local range, Lafayette Gun Club, Yorktown VA. My handgun of choice thus far has been Walther PPQ Q5 Match with a Trijicon SRO 1MOA sight, I've performed several modifications to imrpove performance, amateur gunsmith (Forums, youtube, etc). This also serves as my daily carry, which is rather large, hence my interest in this Micro9.
I hope to learn from the folks/experts here, and eventually contribute a few tips/advice of my own.
Look fwd to meting ya'll,
JC

·
Registered
14,879 Posts
@JCWGibson welcome to the site from Tennessee.
Everyone will not agree with me on this but, I suggest before buying a Micro9 look into the Ultra 9mm line of Kimber pistols.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ahh fellas, I already grabbed my Micro 9 Rapide Black Ice. But...I have a feeling there may be another purchase in the coming months, I'm eyeballing the Mako a little bit :)
I have shot the Ultra Carry, and a few different Micros. For CCW and shot comfort, the Micro just clicked better for me.
I certainly appreciate the advice though, it's why I'm here. Thanks for your time fellas.
R,
JC

·
Registered
593 Posts
Hey Folks,

I've been a shooting enthusiast for a few years. The bug really got me after a 3 year stint in Maine, and participating in a Plate shoot competition at the LL bean Facility.
I'm prior Navy (Bubblehead 6 Years), and currently work as an Electrical Engineer for the US Coast Guard. Yes, Navy to Coast Guard, I take quite a bit of crap trust me.
I joined the IDPA last year at my local range, Lafayette Gun Club, Yorktown VA. My handgun of choice thus far has been Walther PPQ Q5 Match with a Trijicon SRO 1MOA sight, I've performed several modifications to imrpove performance, amateur gunsmith (Forums, youtube, etc). This also serves as my daily carry, which is rather large, hence my interest in this Micro9.
I hope to learn from the folks/experts here, and eventually contribute a few tips/advice of my own.
Look fwd to meting ya'll,
JC
Welcome from northern Indiana enjoy the conversation.

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
...welcome to the forum from north Alabama just shy of the Tennessee line...

...I went for the Micro 9 once upon a time back a few years ago... ...shot it, carried it, returned it to Kimber for FTE/FTF issues, shot it, sold it...

...now looking for the Ultra CDP II 9mm...

...your mileage may vary... ...but 2sharp2 gives good advice...

·
Administrator
40,105 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Dimondale, Mi.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Love the micro 9 myself, and have another in the works! But dreamin/drooling for an Ultra!!! Welcome from the other side of the state, west of the Blue Ridge!

·
Registered
674 Posts
Love the micro 9 myself, and have another in the works! But dreamin/drooling for an Ultra!!! Welcome from the other side of the state, west of the Blue Ridge!
Stop dreaming & start shootin the Ultra. Once your 6’ under the show is over.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Stop dreaming & start shootin the Ultra. Once your 6’ under the show is over.
Gotcha buddy! Did pick up a nice, very lightly used RIA 1911 in the 3 1/2” 45 back in the summer for a good $$. Already learned that I love the size, and already know the Kimber will be lots lighter and higher quality! (Even though the RIA is pretty decent!) Lookin forward to finding my first Ultra!!!😎

·
Registered
8,702 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Northeast Pa.

I don’t have a Micro 9 but I do have a P938. I carry the P938 more in the warmer months and my Ultra TLE II 45 in the cooler months. Both have been great.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Welcome to the forum from Northeast Pa.

I don’t have a Micro 9 but I do have a P938. I carry the P938 more in the warmer months and my Ultra TLE II 45 in the cooler months. Both have been great.
The 938 is a great Micro. My neighbor has, or has had, just about every sig under the sun. I had the chance to shoot the 938, 320, 365, and a very cool 210.
I'm in a similar situation following the purchase of the Micro 9 Rapide. Lugging my Walther PPQ Match with SRO optics as my EDC all summer was cumbersome at best. Hence my interest in this particular Micro 9. I shot a different model and really liked it, I also shot several other micros and mid size, this, like my Walther, just fit right.
I would like to get ahold of a Kimber Mako in the coming months, it may turn into a two new gun winter :)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts