Kimber Talk Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I'm wideglidejoe because I ride a HD WideGlide. I also ride an ElectraGlide, but I had the WideGlide first, when I joined several forums. I'm wideglidejoe on multiple forums relating to motorcycles, guns, and hotrods; my hobbies.

For the last 2-3 yrs, my every day carry is a Kimber Super Carry Custom HD. Before that, I carried a .357 J-frame S&W Centennial or a Colt Delta Elite 10mm for many years.

I started tagging along with my dad hunting when I was 5, I've been a hunter and shooter since my early teens. Qualified as Expert with M16A1 and .45 auto in US Army in 1971, so that tells you my approx age.

Thanks,
Joe

·
Registered
11,761 Posts
Welcome to the forum, wideglidejoe. I think you and Chuck43 are going to get along really well, based on your hobbies.

·
Registered
3,757 Posts
Hey Ya'll!

Welcome to the forum from beautiful downtown Monroe, Georgia!!!
:cool::cool::cool:
City Limits.jpg

We seem to have a lot in common. I graduated high school in 1970 (so we are of a similar age), I had a motorcycle phase (my sole form of transportation when I went to college), a hot rod/drag race phase
Dick Harrell 427 Camaro.jpg
I drove THIS in the 1969 World Points Finals at Kansas City International Raceway--Sadly, I didn't won it. That honor went to my friend Dick Harrell!

and lasting the longest, my gun/shooting/hunting phase.

Send us some pictures of your Kimber, your Harley and your hot rod(s)! We love pictures!!! A range report on your HD would be good too!!;);)

BTW, thank you for your service to the country. If you had the all expense paid vacation trip to Vietnam, Republic of: WELCOME HOME!!!!

Reactions: Fleamac

·
Super Moderator
38,381 Posts
Welcome to the forum from northern Illinois Joe, aside from Kimber love we have a bit in common. I quit riding motorcycles when my kids were born but refused to give up my 23T bucket. I've hunted most of the mid west, west and Canada taking about everything but sheep and at 71 I think I a bit older then you.

·
Registered
11,761 Posts
The member community just keeps getting better. I'm happy to see quality growth.

Reactions: PorscheVille

·
Registered
14,017 Posts
Welcome to the site from Tennessee! We pretty much all like the same stuff you do!

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Welcome to the Kimber Forum wideglidejoe. I'm one of the kids here — I didn't graduate high school until 1974. A motorcycle wreck cured me of the desire to own one of those magnificent machines, not so with cars. For me it was muscle cars and we drag raced on the highway. I had a 70 Mach 1 and a SS 396 Chevelle. But other interests aside, I'm kinda fond of Kimber 1911s. This is a good forum, which makes it kind of unusual in my experience. Rule 1: You can never post too many pics of your guns.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,251 Posts
Welcome Joe from another Harley riding Kimber shooting guy...

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks for the welcomes!

Hello everyone, and thanks for the warm welcomes! I've been working long hours at work, AND building a shop in my back yard, I haven't had the time or the chance to get back on the forum until now.

Sounds like a bunch of great folks on here, from the welcomes/replies so far. I can definitely enjoy visiting with anyone about guns, motorcycles, and cars, in no particular order, I enjoy all of them equally.

I'm trying to eat lunch and do this while at work, so I can't post any pics now, but my Super Carry Custom HD is 100% stock except for holster wear, so a pic wouldn't show much. I've put ~800 (?) rounds thru it at the range. 100% flawless on function, and is probably more accurate than I'm capable of, so I'm obviously pleased with it. I carry it in a Don Hume belt slide OWB covered by a Harley T-shirt 7 days a week. Yeah, a 5" 1911 "prints", but Okla has open carry, so a bulge under the T-shirt is no biggie. I don't open carry, even tho' I could. Who needs the attention, or lose the element of surprise? However, if the T-shirt blows up while riding the Harley, I don't have to worry about it, but I don't flaunt it.

My only other 1911 is a Colt Delta Elite 10mm that I picked up new in '89. It started out blue, now has satin nickel frame, with black teflon on the slide. Lots of internal and external mod's, I'll try to get some pics posted.

All other guns run the gamut from long range bolt action Rem 700's (my fav is .280 Rem), Thompson Contender for hunting (14" 7-30 Waters & Leupold), multiple .41 mag S&W revolvers in various config's, a few Henry rifles (new mfg, not the 1800's high $$ one's!), several AR's in different config's, etc.

With 10mm, .280 Rem, 41 mag, 7-30 Water's, etc, you can see I like the "non mainstream" calibers, but I've handloaded since '75.

Cars: my current projects are a AC Cobra replica that I've built from all new components, I prefer to not call it a kit car but a component car. It has a bored/stroked 428 FE, now a 462, with four 48 IDA Weber's. ~540 HP & TQ in a 2,300 lb car with 90" wheelbase. It is "stupid" fast, and handles extremely well on the track and street. I try to stay fairly calm with it on the street, but on the road course track, I'm 100% wide open at 62 yrs old. It keeps me young!

I have a 55 Bel Air that is a WIP. It'll be a mild custom/hot rod when finished (if ever?). I need to retire so I can work on my projects full time!!

I have an all original, unrestored 1930 Model A coupe that sat in a barn in MO from 1955 to 2012. I've got it running and now having fun with it in parades. It has lots of patina, but is super solid. Its so nice, I hate to modify it, altho' I'd like put a flathead V8 in it someday.

Harley's are;
2005 WideGlide, modified 95" engine w/107.2 HP & 107.0 TQ at the rear wheel. 11.4 & 117 mph in the 1/4 mile at Sturgis a few yrs back.

2011 Electra Glide Ultra Limited CVO w/110" Screamin Eagle. It's our "road" bike, I wanted to keep the better half comfortable!

OK, gotta get back to work.

Thanks again for all the warm welcomes!!

·
Super Moderator
5,192 Posts
Hello everyone, and thanks for the warm welcomes! I've been working long hours at work, AND building a shop in my back yard, I haven't had the time or the chance to get back on the forum until now.

Sounds like a bunch of great folks on here, from the welcomes/replies so far. I can definitely enjoy visiting with anyone about guns, motorcycles, and cars, in no particular order, I enjoy all of them equally.

I'm trying to eat lunch and do this while at work, so I can't post any pics now, but my Super Carry Custom HD is 100% stock except for holster wear, so a pic wouldn't show much. I've put ~800 (?) rounds thru it at the range. 100% flawless on function, and is probably more accurate than I'm capable of, so I'm obviously pleased with it. I carry it in a Don Hume belt slide OWB covered by a Harley T-shirt 7 days a week. Yeah, a 5" 1911 "prints", but Okla has open carry, so a bulge under the T-shirt is no biggie. I don't open carry, even tho' I could. Who needs the attention, or lose the element of surprise? However, if the T-shirt blows up while riding the Harley, I don't have to worry about it, but I don't flaunt it.

My only other 1911 is a Colt Delta Elite 10mm that I picked up new in '89. It started out blue, now has satin nickel frame, with black teflon on the slide. Lots of internal and external mod's, I'll try to get some pics posted.

All other guns run the gamut from long range bolt action Rem 700's (my fav is .280 Rem), Thompson Contender for hunting (14" 7-30 Waters & Leupold), multiple .41 mag S&W revolvers in various config's, a few Henry rifles (new mfg, not the 1800's high $$ one's!), several AR's in different config's, etc.

With 10mm, .280 Rem, 41 mag, 7-30 Water's, etc, you can see I like the "non mainstream" calibers, but I've handloaded since '75.

Cars: my current projects are a AC Cobra replica that I've built from all new components, I prefer to not call it a kit car but a component car. It has a bored/stroked 428 FE, now a 462, with four 48 IDA Weber's. ~540 HP & TQ in a 2,300 lb car with 90" wheelbase. It is "stupid" fast, and handles extremely well on the track and street. I try to stay fairly calm with it on the street, but on the road course track, I'm 100% wide open at 62 yrs old. It keeps me young!

I have a 55 Bel Air that is a WIP. It'll be a mild custom/hot rod when finished (if ever?). I need to retire so I can work on my projects full time!!

I have an all original, unrestored 1930 Model A coupe that sat in a barn in MO from 1955 to 2012. I've got it running and now having fun with it in parades. It has lots of patina, but is super solid. Its so nice, I hate to modify it, altho' I'd like put a flathead V8 in it someday.

Harley's are;
2005 WideGlide, modified 95" engine w/107.2 HP & 107.0 TQ at the rear wheel. 11.4 & 117 mph in the 1/4 mile at Sturgis a few yrs back.

2011 Electra Glide Ultra Limited CVO w/110" Screamin Eagle. It's our "road" bike, I wanted to keep the better half comfortable!

OK, gotta get back to work.

Thanks again for all the warm welcomes!!
Sure would be nice if you had more common interests with the folks here!:D

1 - 16 of 16 Posts