Kimber Talk Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for a Solo iwb is hard! 2 returned holsters and then today happened.

2 days ago I e-mailed alien holsters asking if their Solo holster was with a Solo frame or if they are just a "like model". No response in 2 days via e-mail.

Today I called Alien and customer service was on a union break I guess. They didn't pick up, so I left a voice message. No call back. Im done with them.

I know DeSantis makes a Solo holster. I called DeSantis to place a order. A lady picked up, told her I was looking to buy the hybrid holster for the Solo. She was like let me see what we have, she asked IWB? I said the hybrid, she got short and said, you'll have to stop saying that it throws me off. You mean Kydex with the leather piece? I said yes, we don't make one for the Solo. I hung on her.

Called Midway and it's already in the mail.

It's no wonder this country has the fallen from such greatness. People are lazy and could give 2 ***** about anything. Even a easy job like Customer service over the phone not face to face, is non existence in this country.

Done with my rambling, sorry had to vent.

Reactions: Oreste

·
Registered
11,761 Posts
Venting is ok, but only if you post a pic or a link so we can see what it is you ordered.

·
Registered
11,761 Posts
Looks like a very detailed fit. Should be quite secure.

·
Super Moderator
5,190 Posts
Interesting report on Alien Gear. They are a forum supporter. I've heard that they are months behind on orders.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Interesting report on Alien Gear. They are a forum supporter. I've heard that they are months behind on orders.
If they're that busy, God bless them. I tried to support a supporting member but didn't it work out

Reactions: Oreste

·
Registered
11,761 Posts
They are up to their eyeballs. I sent them an email asking a question and it took like two weeks to get an answer. But, at least I got an answer. I think holster delivery is 4 to 6 weeks. I have one, and I like it, but I'm not that wild about IWB.

·
Super Moderator
5,190 Posts
If they're that busy, God bless them. I tried to support a supporting member but didn't it work out
That's all anyone could ask. Glad you found something you like and don't have to wait long for it.

·
Super Moderator
5,190 Posts
They are up to their eyeballs. I sent them an email asking a question and it took like two weeks to get an answer. But, at least I got an answer. I think holster delivery is 4 to 6 weeks. I have one, and I like it, but I'm not that wild about IWB.
4 to 6 weeks is better then the inter web rumors, but still seems like to long.

·
Registered
513 Posts
Reactions: Insta-Gator

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
Ordered my Alien Gear when they came on board. I found all the info on there web site easy peasy......

·
Super Moderator
38,342 Posts
Unless you're ordering an assembly line made holster most companies take 4-6 weeks to make up and deliver your holster. My Crossbreed took 5 weeks, my DeSantis took 1 week. Custom made holsters and belts are another story, most shops have a 6 month or longer waiting list. I'm waiting for a holster and belt from Brigade Gun leather that I ordered last October. When I say custom I mean you chose everything down to the color of thread used for the stitching.

·
Super Moderator
38,342 Posts
Looking for a Solo iwb is hard! 2 returned holsters and then today happened.

2 days ago I e-mailed alien holsters asking if their Solo holster was with a Solo frame or if they are just a "like model". No response in 2 days via e-mail.

Today I called Alien and customer service was on a union break I guess. They didn't pick up, so I left a voice message. No call back. Im done with them.

Oldsoul, just curious, Alien holsters have a sub forum here on Kimber Talk, have you tried posting something in there? I know you already placed an order with another company but it couldn't hurt anything to make them aware of the order you tried to place and the lack of service you received.

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
For what it's worth, we've been very happy with Crossbreed holsters & customer service.

In fact I just called them this morning to confirm the holsters they'll be building soon for my Super Carry Pro will also fit my new Tactical Ultra. It only took a couple of minutes to navigate the 'phone tree' & talk to a very friendly live person.

As far as wait times - right now they're running about 3 weeks out. They have at times been known to be 2-3 months out.

Attachments

Reactions: Chuck43

·
Registered
6,095 Posts
I am a big fan of firearmholster.com. Gavin is the owner and has great customer service. Give them a try.

·
Registered
19,361 Posts
I ordered an Alien holster 3 weeks ago and called them plus emailed them last week.
No response as of today so I just cancelled my order.
I understand a busy company but if you can't reply to your customer base, then that is a company I dont want to give my hard earned money to...

·
Super Moderator
38,342 Posts
I hope that everyone having a problem with Alien holster is posting about it in their sub forum.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I've been ordering from Foxx Holsters lately. Week or less I'm wearing it. Good I like all 3 I've bought so far. And own 3 of their "super slim" mag holders. Thinking about ordering a gun belt from them soon as well.

·
Registered
25 Posts
For what it's worth, we've been very happy with Crossbreed holsters & customer service.

In fact I just called them this morning to confirm the holsters they'll be building soon for my Super Carry Pro will also fit my new Tactical Ultra. It only took a couple of minutes to navigate the 'phone tree' & talk to a very friendly live person.

As far as wait times - right now they're running about 3 weeks out. They have at times been known to be 2-3 months out.
Yup, I carry Crossbreed with every pistol I carry. The comfort and fit cannot be beat.

This includes for the Solo....

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
The Eagle has landed!

Got my DeSantis Solo holster today. I couldn't be more happy with it!
The Solo goes right in and clicks in place.
Drawing is easy enough too. Comes with a Allen wrench to adjust the clips do you can carry your preferred way.
Finally!

Attachments

1 - 20 of 20 Posts