Kimber Talk Forums banner
21 - 40 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
I guess you just do business differently than do I. I had already passed the background check. You suggest that the FFL lie to Midway? I make it a practice not to do business with those who consider lying just part of the game. That would include the FFL I deal with, who is an honest man with a reputation he is proud of. And buyer's remorse had nothing to do with it. As far as I knew, I was paying $100 for a new Kimber, not a used one.

But I will be making a call to Kimber on Monday morning.
I personally prefer written correspondence as far as customer service is concerned rather than a verbal "he said, she said" unrecorded conversation. This way you have a record of communications.

The Kimber website does not show an e-mail address for customer service but your owners manual does. This is how I contacted Kimber customer service and they were very responsive.

I would recommend writing them rather than calling them.

Dan

·
Registered
3,847 Posts
Hopefully, Kimber will be a little more straightforward in their business dealings than was Midway.
What exactly has Midway done that is less than straightforward?

Anyone who bothered to read Midway's return policy knows that their policy is not to accept firearm returns other than FFL refusal and background checks (both of which already discussed). And anyone with a lick of sense knows that after transfer sellers don't accept returns.

What is your gripe with Midway's straightforwardness?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
My 2" Kimber K6 has a better trigger than my Smith Performance center 627 and is my go to over all my 357's. Send it back to Kimber and let them do their thing with it. You'll get back something that will never sit in the safe. Call customer service and they'll take care of you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This will be my second experience dealing with Kimber.......the first one didn't go all that well.

My oldest son graduated from college in 2000, with a degree in criminal justice. I bought him a Kimber as a graduation present. I think the model was a Classic. Anyway, the gun had jamming problems from day 1, no matter the ammunition. We sent it back to Kimber. After what they called "extensive testing", they returned the gun and gave it a clean bill of health.

Nothing had changed......it still jammed frequently. When we discussed it with Kimber, they said the jams were a result of my son "limp wristing" it when he shot it. Those were their words.

Now 20 some years later, my son has shot tens of thousands of rounds out of Glocks, Colts, Sigs, STIs, etc......with no limp-wristing issues. His off-duty carry is an STI. That old Kimber, which he calls his "Jamomatic" sits in the safe. He shoots it once in a while, purely for sentimental reasons.

I'm counting on Kimber to address what I think is a problem with my K6S.....hopefully they will do a better job than the first time I dealt with them.

·
Registered
2,259 Posts
This will be my second experience dealing with Kimber.......the first one didn't go all that well.

My oldest son graduated from college in 2000, with a degree in criminal justice. I bought him a Kimber as a graduation present. I think the model was a Classic. Anyway, the gun had jamming problems from day 1, no matter the ammunition. We sent it back to Kimber. After what they called "extensive testing", they returned the gun and gave it a clean bill of health.

Nothing had changed......it still jammed frequently. When we discussed it with Kimber, they said the jams were a result of my son "limp wristing" it when he shot it. Those were their words.

Now 20 some years later, my son has shot tens of thousands of rounds out of Glocks, Colts, Sigs, STIs, etc......with no limp-wristing issues. His off-duty carry is an STI. That old Kimber, which he calls his "Jamomatic" sits in the safe. He shoots it once in a while, purely for sentimental reasons.

I'm counting on Kimber to address what I think is a problem with my K6S.....hopefully they will do a better job than the first time I dealt with them.
As with any gun it depends on the shooter, mags, ammo and so on. In another thread I told about my Glock 26 which I can run all day long without a hiccup. If I give that same gun to my wife it will stove pipe every mag no matter what mag is in the gun every single time.

Most of us have had excellent service from Kimber. You never mentioned how many different mags he tried or types of ammo that will also make a difference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
What exactly has Midway done that is less than straightforward?

Anyone who bothered to read Midway's return policy knows that their policy is not to accept firearm returns other than FFL refusal and background checks (both of which already discussed). And anyone with a lick of sense knows that after transfer sellers don't accept returns.

What is your gripe with Midway's straightforwardness?
Well, this thread has certainly strayed from whence it started. It appears that you and I don't have a lot in common to talk about, but I will address this one comment, and then be done.

"And anyone with a lick of sense knows that after transfer sellers don't accept returns."

In my online gun dealing over the years, I have returned at least two firearms to dealers after I had taken possession. Way back in the last century when we could buy guns on Ebay, I bought a Para Ordnance P13 from a dealer on Ebay. It took a couple of weeks to discern that it had some problems. The dealer graciously allowed me to return it, and he even paid the return freight.

There is a dealer who sells Colts on GunBroker, as well as on the Colt Forum. I purchased a Colt 1911A1 from him, and about a week after taking possession I discovered an issue with it. He told me to send it back to him for a full refund, which I did. He and I have done deals since, and he is a pleasure to work with.

So, honest people "with a lick of sense" deal honestly, in spite of what some people might claim to know.

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
I personally prefer written correspondence as far as customer service is concerned rather than a verbal "he said, she said" unrecorded conversation. This way you have a record of communications.

The Kimber website does not show an e-mail address for customer service but your owners manual does. This is how I contacted Kimber customer service and they were very responsive.

Dan
...just call them on Monday like Chuck said... ...Kimber Customer Service folks are straight up and helpful.

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
As suggested, contact Kimber. They are good people.
For the record, my brand spanking new Ultra Carry II was dirty.
I would have thought it was lightly used, but my LGS owner is a straight up fella, and an old friend.
He said the new Kimbers he receives are usually dirty from test firing and he didnt think they cleaned them before shipping.

·
Registered
3,847 Posts
Hopefully, Kimber will be a little more straightforward in their business dealings than was Midway.
Once again, what has Midway done that is less than 'straightforward' as you allege?

Despite your claimed 20th century dealings with some unnamed entity on eBay, did you believe that Midway's stated policies regarding firearm returns didn't apply to you, or did you not bother to read them prior to pressing the buy button?

I don't know of any major gun seller on the Net that accepts returns after transfer.

Don't take any of this personally. It's more about a learning exercise for the next guy to not make the same mistakes.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Once again, what has Midway done that is less than 'straightforward' as you allege? What part of Midway's return policy did you find not straightforward prior to pressing the buy button?

Despite your claimed 20th century dealings with some unnamed entity on eBay, did you believe that Midway's stated policies regrading firearms didn't apply to you?

I don't know of any major gun seller on the Net that accepts returns after transfer.
I may not have "a lick of sense", however I have enough sense to not continue in a pi$$ing contest with someone who is only responding to my thread for that reason.

Have a blessed day.

·
Registered
3,847 Posts
I may not have "a lick of sense", however I have enough sense to not continue in a pi$$ing contest with someone who is only responding to my thread for that reason.

Have a blessed day.
Not a pissing contest. Simple straightforward questions. That you prefer not to answer suggests that you didn't read anything prior to pressing the buy button, didn't inspect the gun prior to transfer, and now wish to blame Midway for somehow not being straightforward with you.

Good example for others of what not to do.

Good luck.

·
Registered
14,039 Posts
Well...what did Kimber have to say, Sasquatch?

Reactions: Chuck43

·
Registered
182 Posts

Dan
Calling is fine. When I got my Solo, I ran about 200 round through it, and called. In a matter of minutes, the rep sent an email with an RMA number. The rep remained on the phone to be sure the email came through. The email documented what was wrong with the gun. Much faster than emailing. There is no reason you cannot follow up with an email as well.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Online purchasing

A big online firearm retailer does have the policy that once you transfer, it is yours. But they tell you to inspect the firearm before you sign the paperwork and if it is not right, refuse to accept it.

When you go to a brick and mortar store, you get to handle the firearm you get. You get to see if the stock has a scratch, if the cylinder has the rotation track, if Sammy Shopclerk has dropped this particular firearm. You can refuse or bargain from there.

When you order online, unless you are buying "The pictured firearm" you get what ever the guy working in the warehouse decides to send you. Why a person would sign the paperwork without inspecting the purchase is beyond me. That is a pig in a poke if I have ever seen one.

I

·
Registered
160 Posts
Is this one of those threads where we get two pages of complaints and then no final answer. It is over a week and this entire issue should have a resolution.
I read every post. I firmly believe it is not a used gun. I also suspect the owner out ran the trigger which is easy to do with a K6s.
Benefit of the doubt given, where are we at in this saga?

·
Registered
14,039 Posts
Just like Walter Cronkite waiting on "the rest of the story!"

·
Registered
14,039 Posts
Reactions: bad ninja

·
Registered
4 Posts
This is my first post on the Kimber forum.......bummer that it has to be a negative one.

I just purchased a 3" Kimber K6S from Midway USA. I picked it up from my FFL yesterday. I read many reviews on this revolver, and bought it because of all the positive reviews I read. I own other 357s, so I have other guns to compare the K6S with.

First of all, it is quite obvious that Midway sold me a used gun. There are powder burns on the forcing cone and the front face of the cylinder. Also, the recoil shield has tell-tale signs. I have complained to Midway about this, but so far they are bobbing and weaving.

Upon dry-firing I noticed that the DA trigger pull is horrible. I'm not sure how to describe it, but at the end of the trigger travel, it feels like it is locked up. It takes an effort to finish the travel, right when you would be expecting it to become lighter.

I am torn between contacting Kimber to see if they will take a look at it, or continuing my "conversation" with Midway....they state they have a "No Return" policy under any circumstances.

Any ideas/advice on the trigger pull issue?
I'm jumping late here on this issue of a NIB Kimber that is dirty. If this is old news, please disregard this thread. Both my NIB K6s revolvers arrived in the same "used/fired" condition. After the first one, I called Kimber and was told they do not clean their firearms after test firing and before shipping to prove to the buyer it had been test fired. So, out of the box, a good cleaning is required. Not a show-stopper but it does take the initial thrill out of receiving a new shooter.

21 - 40 of 49 Posts