Kimber Talk Forums banner
41 - 49 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
2,087 Posts
So, out of the box, a good cleaning is required. Not a show-stopper but it does take the initial thrill out of receiving a new shooter.
To me, when a new gun comes home, I look forward to a complete break-down and through cleaning. It's actually somewhat of a thrill to clean out all the factory gunk, metal shavings, and other crap you don't want in your new firearm, and by doing so, it makes one very familiar with the weapon and its workings. When done, it's really clean and ready for its first outing, and the chore gives a real sense of satisfaction too.

I also like to know for sure the weapon was indeed test fired, and evidence of that is reassuring to me that it really has been done at the factory prior to landing in my hot little hands. No "first shot surprises"!

·
Registered
14,039 Posts
None of the new Kimber's that I've purchased have been what I would consider excessively dirty. I have received a couple of used ones that was really dirty.
The Stainless Raptor Ultra I bought used from one of our members had been FrogLubed and was cleaner than I could have gotten it when it arrived.

·
Registered
203 Posts
I honestly think that us members have been had. This guy was on here for only 2 reasons to badmouth Midway and to badmouth Kimber. I don't think he actually had bought the gun he was complaining about.

·
Registered
6 Posts
This is my first post on the Kimber forum.......bummer that it has to be a negative one.

I just purchased a 3" Kimber K6S from Midway USA. I picked it up from my FFL yesterday. I read many reviews on this revolver, and bought it because of all the positive reviews I read. I own other 357s, so I have other guns to compare the K6S with.

First of all, it is quite obvious that Midway sold me a used gun. There are powder burns on the forcing cone and the front face of the cylinder. Also, the recoil shield has tell-tale signs. I have complained to Midway about this, but so far they are bobbing and weaving.

Upon dry-firing I noticed that the DA trigger pull is horrible. I'm not sure how to describe it, but at the end of the trigger travel, it feels like it is locked up. It takes an effort to finish the travel, right when you would be expecting it to become lighter.

I am torn between contacting Kimber to see if they will take a look at it, or continuing my "conversation" with Midway....they state they have a "No Return" policy under any circumstances.

Any ideas/advice on the trigger pull issue?
send it to Kimber

41 - 49 of 49 Posts