Kimber Talk Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I just bought a new Kimber, took it home with three different types of ammo. Put up 10 inch paper plates and shot 5 shot groups at 10 yards. At my surprise I couldn't even keep 5 shots on the plates. So I send it back and it's in the mail now heading back to me. But the man on phone said they polish the barrel and rails, and something else I can't remember. But from what I said they did will this make it shoot better. At 10 yards I expect 5 shots to be no bigger then a inch and a half. Also all my shots went left. Any feedback I would appreciate.

·
Registered
355 Posts
How experienced of a handgun shooter are you? How many rounds did you shoot before you sent it in? Most guns will out shoot the shooter so it’s hard to say without knowing more information than what you provided above.
Product Font Circle Diagram Graphics

Here’s a chart for what could be happening for a right handed shooter if you’re missing consistently in a certain direction.

·
Banned
3,384 Posts
Ok I just bought a new Kimber, took it home with three different types of ammo. Put up 10 inch paper plates and shot 5 shot groups at 10 yards. At my surprise I couldn't even keep 5 shots on the plates. So I send it back and it's in the mail now heading back to me. But the man on phone said they polish the barrel and rails, and something else I can't remember. But from what I said they did will this make it shoot better. At 10 yards I expect 5 shots to be no bigger then a inch and a half. Also all my shots went left. Any feedback I would appreciate.
You sure it's the arrow and not the Indian?
I doubt I could do that with a brand new gun that I haven't spent time with.

Could be a sight issue.
Could be the barrel.
Could be you.
Don't rack your brain while the gun is at the mothership trying to solve an issue that they are working on.
Wait till it comes back, and try again.
That's really all you can do.

·
Registered
2,021 Posts
...hey Deepwoods... ...welcome to the forum...

...for those really sharp folks around here to help you... ...I recommend a picture of your gun and pics of the targets that you are trying to zero in.... ...
...when your get your pistol back, I recommend that you disassemble and clean thoroughly; reassemble and leave the slide wet (thin film of oil...
...if you haven't shot a pistol much; I recommend that you get on youtube and view video's of proper grip, proper sight picture, and proper engagement of the target...
...if you have shot a pistol a lot, then I recommend that you review your grip firmness, no limp wrist, thumb and finger placement... ...etc....

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for all the replys, I was told it will have what was wrong in my paper work and the targets they shot before sending it back. I'm 60 years old and have been shooting guns sense I was 14 so it was not the Indian. I put 40 rounds threw it before boxing it up. I was a gunsmith on rifles for 15 years in Colorado with Bruce artus in Pueblo.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes when I get it back I will post pictures of groups I shot with it, because I sent them in with the pistol. So should be Saturday, I'm a two handed shooter so I have a good firm hold of the pistol. Loved the trigger it was super nice. I was just wondering what polishing the barrel and rails mint for the accuracy of the gun.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
I also have a tendency placing shots to the left. its not my guns I have an Ultra & pro in 9mm with truglo TFX sights professionally installed & a pro raptor .45. It’s my vision so I just adjust my point of aim minimally to the right & that resolved my issue. In any case if I was shooting a potential threat I would not miss even @ 7 yards, in reality a threat would even be less before you would use deadly force.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Once I find which ammo it likes I will move rear site to line it up with impact.
All 3 of my Kimbers eat anything no issues, for range I use federal, blazer, speerman FMJ only brass. For self defense I use Federal Hst JHP. I can recommend a great place to buy ammo buckinghorseoutpost.com. Best prices free shipping on orders over $125. Usually receive in 4 days. Check them out.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Yes when I get it back I will post pictures of groups I shot with it, because I sent them in with the pistol. So should be Saturday, I'm a two handed shooter so I have a good firm hold of the pistol. Loved the trigger it was super nice. I was just wondering what polishing the barrel and rails mint for the accuracy of the gun.
Only thing I can think of that they could’ve done to the barrel to help accuracy is something with the crown if it had a defect. I’ll be curious to know what your paperwork says as well.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Ok here's the targets I shot before sending it back. And here's the targets they sent me back, after polishing throat and ream barrel and crown. They wasn't much better than what I shot. Here's there target's. So I took it out and set table up at 15 yards with my sandbag and shot one group five shots after that I packed it up and quit because that's what I was looking for the shot that got pulled off I would say was me. So it's a shooter.

Attachments

1 - 15 of 15 Posts