Kimber Talk Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found a new Pro CDP Stainless in 45ACP that is on a closeout for $825. That sound and looks like a fantastic value. Looking for feedback before I head back to the dealer

·
Administrator
38,881 Posts
Welcome to the forum from northern Illinois Tom. I have an Ultra CDP and think it's a great gun, $825.00 is a good price for the CDP Pro.

How about stopping by our "New Member Introduction" sub forum and introduce yourself to the membership?

Reactions: 2sharp2

·
Registered
4,175 Posts
If you can grab a CDP Pro for that price buy it. I have one and it is a great 1911.

Reactions: starnovi

·
Registered
14,348 Posts
Tom, welcome to the site from Tennessee. Almost any Kimber for $825 is a good deal. However be sure of which model you are actually buying. I've never heard of a "Pro CDP Stainless" and it is the Stainless part that is throwing me off. If you mean it has a Stainless slide and Black frame then all is good but if you mean it is all Stainless then could be an identity problem. This years CDP models changed from Black frame to a Dark Grey. My EDC is CDP Ultra pictured below, Pro 4" barrel would also be two tone.
Model name will be under the ejection port, right side.
Just FYI for what your thinking of buying.

Attachments

·
Registered
569 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the warm welcome and the feedback. I will be heading to the dealer tomorrow to make my purchase. I will post pics once the three day wait is over and I can pick it up ( I think they still have the 3 day wait in WI).

You are correct 2sharp2, the gun is a Pro CDP. It has the stainless barrel and dark gray frame.

They have several models available, all deeply discounted. Consequently I had a lot of learning to do, to determine the differences between them. This forum and the Kimber website were of great value.

The dealer is a mass retailer and is dropping the Kimber line as it doesn't turn enough volume for them. They said the price point compared to others keeps them on the shelf. I am hoping the quality justifies the added cost.

My experience to date with handguns includes a fun shooting buckmark 22, and a Ruger 357 revolver I won at a whitetails unlimited banquet.

I will post on the new member forum, right after I pick up my new toy.

·
Registered
14,348 Posts
Tom, outstanding. A 2017 new CDP Pro for $825 bucks I would buy all day long. I don't think you can buy a better 1911 for that amount of money, clean it, lube it well, use good ammo, before your first range visit...enjoy.

Reactions: Chuck43

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Welcome to the forum from GA and good luck with your new Kimber! Hope you don't have to wait so get those photos rolling!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts