Kimber Talk Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought my first Kimber Rifle, the Mountain Ascent Model 84L. Retired Army Paratrooper, thus Yard Dart. Cant wait to get the gun together and shoot it. Anyone else have one? Got some questions on mounting the scope.

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
Welcome! Can't help ya there, but there's a handful of the rifle owners here who'll probably be along shortly. In the meantime, I propose "Jarts" for a nickname. Or not!
Thank you for your service. That's the real deal, none of the "all I had to do for a free college education was kill this bunny in boot camp" branch choices. Respect.

·
Administrator
39,134 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Dimondale, Mi., and thank you for your service Yard Dart.

·
Premium Member
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Welcome! Can't help ya there, but there's a handful of the rifle owners here who'll probably be along shortly. In the meantime, I propose "Jarts" for a nickname. Or not!
Thank you for your service. That's the real deal, none of the "all I had to do for a free college education was kill this bunny in boot camp" branch choices. Respect.
Thanks for the recommendation on "Jarts."

·
Registered
14,433 Posts
@Yard Dart, welcome to the site from Tennessee. Which caliber did you go with? I could look it up and see what's available for Mountain Ascent but kind of lazy at the moment, plus internet is slow where I am right now.
Ask your scope mounting question, Rick will probably answer it. I'm not an expert but have a few Kimber rifles, like this Longmaster Classic in .308.
Wood Floor Flooring Bumper Gas

Reactions: Jflytle

·
Premium Member
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
@Yard Dart, welcome to the site from Tennessee. Which caliber did you go with? I could look it up and see what's available for Mountain Ascent but kind of lazy at the moment, plus internet is slow where I am right now.
Ask your scope mounting question, Rick will probably answer it. I'm not an expert but have a few Kimber rifles, like this Longmaster Classic in .308. View attachment 127082
Went with the Mountain Ascent Model 84L in the .270. I just ordered the Talley rings. I'll see what happens.

·
Registered
14,433 Posts
Yep, .270 is a fine caliber. I think the Talley rings will be fine...

Reactions: Yard Dart

·
Registered
14,433 Posts
Yep, .270 is a fine caliber. I think the Talley rings will be fine...

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
You can say that again! Oh. Um.

·
Registered
8,374 Posts
Thank you. I grew up in the Catskills in Delaware County, NY
I’m not to far from the Catskills. Im about 30 miles south of I-84 off Route 209. A couple of my friends still live in Hunter Mountain and Saugerties area. I used to go to Haines Falls every summer. I had a lot of good times in the Catskills.

·
Premium Member
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I’m not to far from the Catskills. Im about 30 miles south of I-84 off Route 209. A couple of my friends still live in Hunter Mountain and Saugerties area. I used to go to Haines Falls every summer. I had a lot of good times in the Catskills.
I have a brother that lives in Cosacki and a sister in Livingston, just across the River. I grew up in Hamden, right on the West Branch of the Delaware River.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Just bought my first Kimber Rifle, the Mountain Ascent Model 84L. Retired Army Paratrooper, thus Yard Dart. Cant wait to get the gun together and shoot it. Anyone else have one? Got some questions on mounting the scope.
Welcome from Northern Indiana enjoy the conversation.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts