Kimber Talk Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello everyone.
Just purchased a used (suppose to be like new) Raptor. It was produced in 2016 and has the updated recoil spring assembly.
It came with multiple mags and it does not lock back on last round on some of them. That does not really bother me.

What's the best way to see if it is time to change the recoil spring?

First box through with my ammo and the gun shoots great.

Also have a P238 sig. Are the springs the same or will work with either gun?

·
Registered
13,886 Posts
Plunker, welcome to the site from Tennessee.

Simple! Just change the spring anyway then you know it is new and fresh. Previous owner could have fired 50 rounds or 5,000 you never know.
They are not expensive.
I assume you bought a "Micro 9 Raptor." Since you posted in the Micro topic.
I can't remember the service interval for the flat wire springs, someone will tell us. If springs are like everything else gun related you may be stuck with your spring, a new one could be hard to find?

Reactions: Oklahomabound

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
...welcome to the forum from north Alabama just shy of the Tennessee line..

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys. I was on the forum along time ago when I was shooting .45's. Or at least I was registered here.
Set of three wont break me but not sure Ill need three. does anyone know if they will work with the sig?
Guess I can try them out.

·
Registered
387 Posts
"It came with multiple mags and it does not lock back on last round on some of them".

Sounds like the mag follower isn't pushing up hard enough on the slide stop.
Stronger mag spring?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Went with a couple of friends today to try it out. 3 mags with two rounds each. A nice firm grip and everything worked great. I’ll try out the rest of the mags but I think it was me. Little pistols seem easy to shoot but you gotta do the basics.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
My p238 has a known problem with the little spring not holding the take down lever in the gun... it falls out. Any problems with the micro?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
My p238 has a known problem with the little spring not holding the take down lever in the gun... it falls out. Any problems with the micro?
Not so far no problems. I have a p238 select that dropped the take down lever and bent the spring and solved the problem

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Crap I think I replied to my own post.
8 mags and two don’t lock the slide back. Loaded two rounds in each and tested. Hope that is the way to test them. Gun shoots great very happy with my new carry.

Going to get rid of the extra mags on eBay or gunbroker. Not sure which is best.

·
Registered
13,886 Posts
Crap I think I replied to my own post.
8 mags and two don't lock the slide back. Loaded two rounds in each and tested. Hope that is the way to test them. Gun shoots great very happy with my new carry.

Going to get rid of the extra mags on eBay or gunbroker. Not sure which is best.
YES! Yes you did, not just replied but quoted and replied to your own post. BHAHAHAH...

Are you ok?

Reactions: DKimbro

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Haha, I wonder if I am ok? Too many forums at once. Think I’ve been locked up with my guns too much. Need to get got and shoot more.
Crappy weather here.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
The kimber I bought is the micro raptor 380 not the 9. Thought this sub forum was for 380 micro. Is it the wrong forum? Gun shoots great and I’ll order new springs for it to be safe.
happy new member

·
Registered
13,886 Posts
The kimber I bought is the micro raptor 380 not the 9. Thought this sub forum was for 380 micro. Is it the wrong forum? Gun shoots great and I’ll order new springs for it to be safe.
happy new member
It's ok, no big deal. Pretty much same recommendations for both.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts