Kimber Talk Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Air gun Trigger Wood Grey Gun barrel
Air gun Trigger Wood Grey Gun barrel

Took my new LW Night Patrol to the range today for the first time. The headline is: Very Pleased. It’s been awhile since I’ve shot 45ACP and was curious to learn how this lightweight 1911 would handle loads up to and including +P. I usually shoot new guns right out of the box with no prep but this time I cleaned and lubed the Kimber before heading out. I shot about 300 rounds in total including 250 S&B 230 FMJ and a variety of defense loads consisting of Federal 230 HST, Speer 230 GDHP, Wilson 185+P Tac-XP ( my usual carry load), and even some Underwood Extreme Penetrator +P. This Kimber ate everything without a single hiccup. I was using the Kimber mag that came with the pistol and other Wilson mags. I was very pleased with the reliability. Accuracy was better than I expected. From 21ft groups averaged 2-1/2 to 3-1/2 inches with a few called flyers as I hurried toward the end.

I’m not saying the recoil was as light as a 9mm out of a full size but wasn’t bad at all. Certainly less than I was expecting. I had no problem staying on target with follow-up shots. Have to say I had forgotten how pleasurable it is to shoot a full size.

I’m on a Micro 9 kick right now but this was an impulse buy. I continue to be amazed at the value you get with the Kimber LW’s. I paid $770 out the door. Fit and finish excellent (I like the Night Patrol color scheme…not flashy), a pretty darn good trigger and the rubber grip panels enable me to keep a steady grip on things. And being lightweight is a big plus since I will be carrying it Fall/Winter. And, as evidenced by experience today, Uber reliable.

After I finish my Micro 9 collection I think I’ll get a LW in 9mm.

·
Registered
15,602 Posts
Congrats on the new LW. Recoil should be pretty mild since I think the LW weighs 31.2 oz. or 1.94 pounds.

Reactions: bad ninja

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
View attachment 131895 View attachment 131895
Took my new LW Night Patrol to the range today for the first time. The headline is: Very Pleased. It’s been awhile since I’ve shot 45ACP and was curious to learn how this lightweight 1911 would handle loads up to and including +P. I usually shoot new guns right out of the box with no prep but this time I cleaned and lubed the Kimber before heading out. I shot about 300 rounds in total including 250 S&B 230 FMJ and a variety of defense loads consisting of Federal 230 HST, Speer 230 GDHP, Wilson 185+P Tac-XP ( my usual carry load), and even some Underwood Extreme Penetrator +P. This Kimber ate everything without a single hiccup. I was using the Kimber mag that came with the pistol and other Wilson mags. I was very pleased with the reliability. Accuracy was better than I expected. From 21ft groups averaged 2-1/2 to 3-1/2 inches with a few called flyers as I hurried toward the end.

I’m not saying the recoil was as light as a 9mm out of a full size but wasn’t bad at all. Certainly less than I was expecting. I had no problem staying on target with follow-up shots. Have to say I had forgotten how pleasurable it is to shoot a full size.

I’m on a Micro 9 kick right now but this was an impulse buy. I continue to be amazed at the value you get with the Kimber LW’s. I paid $770 out the door. Fit and finish excellent (I like the Night Patrol color scheme…not flashy), a pretty darn good trigger and the rubber grip panels enable me to keep a steady grip on things. And being lightweight is a big plus since I will be carrying it Fall/Winter. And, as evidenced by experience today, Uber reliable.

View attachment 131895 View attachment 131895

Very nice gun. I had a LW SS 9mm also no issues,accurate& fit & finish is excellent. I paid about the same @ cabelas. Ended up selling it a year later for what I paid for it only because of not being used. Enjoy!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts