Kimber Talk Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi guys,

just got my new Pro Carry II 45ACP two tone, gun that I dreamed of for a long time and frenquntly stoped to check on my visits to Bass Pro Shops while in the US and that I finally imported to Brazil. Do you guys have any advice on ammo? I tried to hand cycle it with factory ammo from CBC/Magtech but its not feeding properly.

·
Registered
2,210 Posts
Welcome to the forum! I never expected to get a new member from Brazil. What's involved in firearm ownership there? I've been paying some attention to Bolsonaro over the last several years, and heard some things from him that I consider to be positive on a host of issues including private gun ownership, but I wasn't under the impression it had gotten very far. As for your issue, I'm not one of the resident experts on diagnosis, but they will probably filter in. What's it doing, jamming on the feed ramp?

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Welcome to the Forum. Like JBear said tell us specifically what it’s doing and one of our experts will be along with advice.

·
Super Moderator
37,615 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Dimondale Mi. mobr. I don't know what brands you have available in Brazil, but your gun should function with any 230 gr. FMJ ammo. Use the 230 gr. FMJ to get the gun broken in before you start truing defensive loads.

·
Registered
13,705 Posts
Mobr, Welcome to the site from Tennessee!

I would "LIVE" fire before worrying about hand feeding issues.

Ammo? These days any ammo you can find/afford. I agree with Chuck most any 230gr FMJ for break-in.

Reactions: bad ninja

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
...welcome to the forum from north Alabama just shy of the Tennessee line...
...recommendations for a new gun:
.....disassemble and clean thoroughly
.....leave the slide wet with oil
.....load the magazine, 230 grain FMJ, and tap to seat all the rounds in the magazine
.....insert the magazine and seat it firmly
.....slingshot load the first round of each magazine during breakin...
.....clean thoroughly after each shoot during breakin...

·
Registered
448 Posts
Hi guys,

just got my new Pro Carry II 45ACP two tone, gun that I dreamed of for a long time and frenquntly stoped to check on my visits to Bass Pro Shops while in the US and that I finally imported to Brazil. Do you guys have any advice on ammo? I tried to hand cycle it with factory ammo from CBC/Magtech but its not feeding properly.
Welcome from northern Indiana enjoy the conversation. You made a good choice on the Pro Carry 11.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Mais uma Bemvenida da Louisiana, I used to travel to Brazil often when I was working selling machinery for the sugar industry. I have many friends there and always enjoyed my trips there to Sao Paulo, Rio Janeiro, Recife, Maceio, also Manaus and Belem.
Steve W

1 - 15 of 15 Posts