Kimber Talk Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am a AK user. I Do not like the garbage AKs that Century arms puts out as well as some others. Do not like the AR15, AR16 Platform - Direct gas system is garbage, 556/223 weak and poor penetration at long range. Has issues with carbon build up and dirt/dust.

I however do like the AR9 (and I am new to these).

As far as Kimbers go - I do not like anything based on the 1911 platform (Owned a colt gold cup series 70 - nothing but issues - one after another).

God First and 2nd amendment next.

And No, I am not going to comply with any of the anti-gun laws that Biden is trying to forcefully push.

Moving to Texas soon :)

·
Super Moderator
37,744 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Dimondale, Mi. Edward. I have to ask if you don't like Kimbers 1911's why did you join this forum?

·
Registered
13,772 Posts
Edward, welcome to the site "I THINK?" Your post above sounds like you are on the wrong forum due to your dislike of so many platforms that we all here love.

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
It appears Edward does not like AR's or 1911's or Oregon. And it also appears Edward has not been here since he last posted five days ago.

Bye bye Edward.......hope you're happier in Texas, and find something to love there.

·
Registered
949 Posts
I am a AK user. I Do not like the garbage AKs that Century arms puts out as well as some others. Do not like the AR15, AR16 Platform - Direct gas system is garbage, 556/223 weak and poor penetration at long range. Has issues with carbon build up and dirt/dust.

As far as Kimbers go - I do not like anything based on the 1911 platform (Owned a colt gold cup series 70 - nothing but issues - one after another).

And No, I am not going to comply with any of the anti-gun laws that Biden is trying to forcefully push.

Please come back.
I cant believe I missed this when you were here.
Remember when you could buy AR15s for dirt cheap and the LGS stored them in barrels and trashcans?
Oh..wait...those were AKs.
My .300BO AR laughs at 7.62x39.
I like AKs.
However...
Modern AR15s are more accurate, have longer range, has a much faster cyclic rate, less recoil, lighter, and you can manipulate controls easier.

1911s are an elegant weapon from a more civilized time.
They aren't for everyone..
But they are arguably the finest fighting pistol ever designed.
Name another 100+ year old handgun platform that's still used in combat situations.
Their triggers are still the standard by which all pistol triggers are compared.

Dont fade out now....
come on back and make a thread so we can talk.

Don't worry..I'll learn ya.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Hey Edward, ...being from Oklahoma myownself, I ain't sure your going to like Texas any better, moreover I am not certain Texas will be a good fit either...

·
Registered
460 Posts

Welcome from northern Indiana enjoy the conversation.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts